• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack or activity on this thread lads, I didnt wana be looking at this thread as it just infuriated me of which I am sure you can all imagine!!

Anyway..................................................She is now, after another 6 months or so, back up and running again! albeit slightly raw (need a couple of bits fine tuning) but she is now boosting away again and im fucking loving it haha!

The looks I get from folk makes it all worth while :)

So to the updates as to what has been going on and the cause of my problems, it may take a few attempts to get up to date as I have a few pictures!

As you know the throttle kept jamming up, spoke to Ricky and we agreed to send my throttle body back for him to inspect. It turns out the bearings on the butterfly shaft had loads of play in them causing the butterfly to move up and down and jam on the inside of the throttle body! This apparently was caused by a lack of bracket holding the TPS on to the bottom allowing it to move around, how true this is I don't know as this problem never arose the first time I picked it up but I just went with it................after a few weeks it was decided that the TB couldnt be fixed and that a new one was needed. Another one came from his supplier but unfortunately the bolt pattern was different to the original so I then had to whip the inlet off and send that back to him to be modded.

:cray:

IMG_20140315_135923_zps943f1808.jpg

I also opted to have an O-ring put in between the TB and inlet, apparently seals better and will obviously get rid of the horrible sealant around the join :)

A couple of before an after pictures, you can slightly see the butterfly bent over from hitting the inside of the TB

719f2d6d-f634-4c24-b24e-cf1cffa02eda_zps

3c914fd3-37be-499b-8a13-10085827a581_zps

IMG_00000571_zps31864a1c.jpg

This was rectified, a new TB WITH the bracket was sent out and this is what I got :) to be fair, does look a hell of a lot better than what was on there before

IMG_20140405_113350_zpsa470e2da.jpg

IMG_20140405_113318_zps9c021e26.jpg

IMG_20140405_113312_zpsd746a48e.jpg

Much happier with how it is now :) The TPS needs a little adjustment as it a litle jumpy when at low revs but other than that she seems as sweet as a nut!

Here's a couple of other small bits I have done while she's been off the road, kind of lost the love for her since she has been fucking about so to be fair I have been really lazy and not done much lol.

Mounted my AEM gauge, just need to get it plumbed in so it works properly. I am booked in at an exhaust place down the road to get the bung welded in later this week.

IMG_20140316_124839_zpsb6349935.jpg

got round to fitting my flocked trim (although I have no pictures of it fitted for some reason) I noticed I was lacking clips and the screws so went to toyota and ordered a few bits. Quite surprised they can actually get new screws etc still :)

09bfa2c4-d68f-4bb2-b9c7-51a85a1751f5_zps

5e1e21f0-563e-4408-b2c7-e2e697eda6c1_zps

e3faaf43-09bc-4e97-a39a-5c61b0610663_zps

old vs new

887c8d5f-291d-41ea-a45f-a1334a020f73_zps

Got some TRD rep carbon dipped interior mirror trim, not to far off the TRD pattern and brightens the place up a bit lol

IMG_20140316_133609_zpsfe2af1b5.jpg

Due to the car being stood around for a while and the absolutely shocking weather we had over Christmas, I noticed a small puddle of water had appeared in the back of my car :cray:

2a57d92c-a959-4a83-866b-c44d72b98664_zps

so off came the rear plastics and the leak was traced back to the rear lights! I assumed it was the rubber seals so off the lights came to have a little look........

It appears that someone before had the same problem and to try and solve it the siliconed the old seals the the body itself lol top work!

rubber3_zpsbc661aa1.jpg

New seals where ordered and arrived in a week or so :)

9d3729fc-5a84-4026-b560-0f22c30ba9e8_zps

old ones looking pretty hanging

56b4f08a-4f72-4d24-ae93-21cd94c898df_zps

Old vs new

rubber2_zpsaf18769d.jpg

lovely new seals on ready for the light to be fitted back on

IMG_00000564_zpsb27337a1.jpg

my temp fix to try and stop further rain lol

car_zps2de84a52.jpg

Took the rear bumper off to fit the lights back in properly and look at the state of it! gave it a quick clean up and polish :) didn't come out to badly and will do until she goes back in for more work done to the shell :thumbsup:

car1_zps83931a55.jpg

car2_zps4dff4520.jpg

While i was at it, I replaced the boot seal then fitted the lights back in and gave her her first wash in about 5 months lol!

bootseal_zps3b72f167.jpg

I have also got my new lights and 98 spec fogs in as well, makes the car look so fucking fresh on the front now :) cant beat a crystal clear look, so much better than these tints in my eyes :thumbsup:

IMG_20140411_165310_zps78643f00.jpg

Anyway, that's it for the time being :) I have probably missed a load of stuff and still have loads more pictures to put on but I cant be assed at the moment lol, this has taken me forever to put up!

I have fallen back in love again :wub:

Looking like a monster buddy, I had the exact same problem with the Inlet, bearings were shagged so the unit had to be replaced only tofind it was a different bolt pattern.

In short of it the end of the inlet was chopped off and the new plate welded on, just a pain as it's unforseen costs

So happy to see your not breaking this matt, would have been a shame with it being so close to completion

I hope to share that exact same feeling very soon.

Looks good there Matt, look forward to Japfest to see it in person!

It is a good feeling but I have to admit, I think I am losing interest in it really! something isnt right and its just doesn't drive very nicely :(

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk I love this car so much.

Aamir

Cheers boss, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Glad to see she's back on the road matt, can finally start enjoying her to the full extent now :D

James

Lol, if only it was that easy mate! there is always something thats going to annoy me! to loud for the track is a great place to start haha!

Looking like a monster buddy, I had the exact same problem with the Inlet, bearings were shagged so the unit had to be replaced only tofind it was a different bolt pattern.

In short of it the end of the inlet was chopped off and the new plate welded on, just a pain as it's unforseen costs

So happy to see your not breaking this matt, would have been a shame with it being so close to completion

Thanks man, I did hear you where after another one mate and I assumed the only way round it was to have done what I did which to be honest was a bit of a cunt lol!

Its still quite close to being broken, I have lost a bit of interest and for some reason have quite a big want to get an evo 9 but we shall see!

She is off to TD again tomorrow to see if we can get these niggly issues sorted!

It is a good feeling but I have to admit, I think I am losing interest in it really! something isnt right and its just doesn't drive very nicely :(

Cheers boss, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Lol, if only it was that easy mate! there is always something thats going to annoy me! to loud for the track is a great place to start haha!

Thanks man, I did hear you where after another one mate and I assumed the only way round it was to have done what I did which to be honest was a bit of a cunt lol!

Its still quite close to being broken, I have lost a bit of interest and for some reason have quite a big want to get an evo 9 but we shall see!

She is off to TD again tomorrow to see if we can get these niggly issues sorted!

I sometimes think the same thing sell up n get Evo rate want 6 tommi mak ;)