PaulStarletSR's TD04 Turbo'd beast. PROBLEM MAYB SOLVED

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhh soo close!! :D

ANO!!! im getin soo excited man!! this weekend,provided i get a knock sensor in time, the phoenix shall rise from the ashes!!!!

i counted how many starlets contributed to this build thru parts and it was very surprisin roughly 13-14! 8o

Almost there....

i keep makin boost noises randomly, more than ever now lol

scrubbin the floor before i put the carpet back in, dirty as fuck, plus i found a 5p stuck to the floor under layers of whatever the awful black paint is the last owner (idiot) put on it

Have u got a knock sensor yet? If not i got one here u can have to get u running but u might need to replace it when i get the gt ready for the road

no yet mate! id probs prefer 1 thats goin in and i dont have to remove again tbh mate, geo says hes gona hav a look for 1 for me 2moz! im itchin to get the fucker runnin!

Aye dan hes got some big plans for the swat bus! And still has a daily sr and plenty more starlets behind the scenes

lol this!! his garage to those who have seen the content is like saville or glitter in a primary school lol

charlie, fone call cumin your way in 2mins bro

ok, got held up today with bucket ep's fuckin stubborn knock sensor!

however before goin up to meet him and patches(to grab a 96spec steerin column) for the 1st time i managed to solder the bit of cable onto the handbrake plug and scrub the SR's floor clean ready for the carpet goin in! but when i met bucket ep he gave me the proper plug for the handbrake so thatll be goin in 2moz aswell.

100% will have the carpet down,seats/harnesses and knock sensor in 2moz! been a long day lol

keep your eyes peeled 2moz :spiteful:

Dont think it was the knock sensor that was stubborn, it was due to the fact us 2 clowns went up there with no tools lol. Was good to meet you mate, now hurry up and get this thing runnin:D

ssshhhh we had loooaadddsss of tools remember?lol

was good tae meet u aswell charlie, your brand new mate! 8)

so this turned up 10mins ago.........3B49227B-orig_zps77f7973f.jpgthanks again to starbo moorley for the rad mountin kit!! youre awesome for sendin this bud, saves me alot of fuckin about makin my own!

Edited by PaulStarletSR

centre console plastics scrubbed and dryin with the dishes :p they were dirty as fuck with mold and humaaaann sliiiime so all sorted now!FA91FF92-orig_zpsbc86b85d.jpg

also had a MAJOR ballache with the steerin columns from a 96spec glanza patches gave me, the SR's ignition barrel is shorter and after removin it n almost fittin the 96 when i realised the scale of the problem.

so like a boss i thought of a solution......

cut fuck out of the 96 column and take the wee indicator stalk mmountin plate of with a saw and screw it to the SR's so the bits of the SR's mountin plate thats pretrudin the 96 1 is cumin off or getin hammered back 2moz so the stalk plugs dont foul the 98 plate.

the wee ring to the left is whats left of the 96column that the plate was welded

onto,what a fuckin ballache but I've got it out of ther and just need to screw the plate on 2moz.0E899A0F-orig_zpse73ef5f4.jpg

That's what I did Paul apart from I cut a new one from alloy to test fit. I'm going to cut my glanza column at some point and get it welded to the n/a one. Getting there now dude.

unfortunately, no garage or cuttin tools for me so a hack saw and full attack mode done the trick lol

its worked quite well, just need the proper plastics for under the indicators because they hit it when u flick them up n down.

anyway, heres what i done today.......fitted the glanza throttle cable,completely finished the indicators, bought coolant and power steertin fluid for tomorrows radiator install and also done this.............3C97707F-orig_zpsbff41cee.jpg2E0962D0-orig_zpscd281d96.jpgso then, what you guys think? :D8):thumbsup::clapping::search::spiteful: