PaulStarletSR's TD04 Turbo'd beast. PROBLEM MAYB SOLVED

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man i wish i lived closer to you, I've got a washing up bowl of odd nuts and bolts from various toyotas that have been stripped down lol

lol so do i! post them :p

Aye paul, it supports the slam panel. If u take it off the bonnet catch will be wobbly lol

lol a found that out yesterday. the last owner had a bump in the SR n had changed the oem bar for another and im gonna have to hammer 2 edges out so i can fit the fmic bracket onto the top bolt

the bolts on the bottom for the fmic are m6 bolts if they are the same size as the ones used for the JD tuning civic radiator mounting kit

m6 bolts will be bought today! cheers mate! will feel brilliant if i can get this fmic fitted today, will look so good! i honestly think the front mount is huge, I've not seen many bigger on these wee cars, should defo aid power 8)

Lol mine is like this, the bolt for the support piece snapped :L

looks like youll need to drill it out amj!

cheers mate, shell be 1 of a kind, thats for sure.

just takin a little longer than id hope, but its gettin there! pickin up those m6 bolts today after work and hopefully fittin the fmic, then crackin on with fittin the boost controller and drillin the hole for the passenger harness eye bolt.

well im not sure for defo legend but it WILL be at JAE, thats for sure! :D

Quality build. If I had the time and space i'd like a second car and to strip mine right down. Keep at it love the intercooler!

thanx alot mate, il be keepin at it dont worry.takin the dogs out now but if its not pishin down whem im back im gonna try mountin the intercooler.the holes are a bit rusty for the bolts so need to oil them up a bit

What make is the fmic core Paul ?

I'll need to nip up and have a good look round this lol.

fuck knows mate but its a big un! i bought it off an old member GTPHAYER for a bargain price! was skint but couldnt refuse it. youll call me a jammy bastard when i tell u how much posted :p

defo need to sort sumthin boys. il fire up the bbq and well hav sum burgers n shiz!

seriously dyin to get stuck in 2 this 2moz!

checklist for 2moz, at least will be done are;

• finish drillin passenger harness hole.DONE
  • fit boost controller.DONE
  • purchase t-piece for boost guage pipe and plum it in
  • stick in the NGK iridium spark plugs.DONE
  • harrass daveEP so i can grab my knock sensor out his garage along with power steerin belt and vac pipes.DONE
Edited by PaulStarletSR

defo need to sort sumthin boys. il fire up the bbq and well hav sum burgers n shiz!

seriously dyin to get stuck in 2 this 2moz!

checklist for 2moz, at least will be done are;

• finish drillin passenger harness hole

fit boost controller

purchase t-piece for boost guage pipe and plum it in

stick in the NGK iridium spark plugs

harrass daveEP so i can grab my knock sensor out his garage along with power steerin belt and vac pipes

What weekends are made for then! Sounds like you have it all planned out

turns out the previous owner has shocked me YET AGAIN with his shoddiness. were hes drilled a hole for the drivers harness, he has NOT put a nut or washer inside the tunnel to hold the fuckin thing, just painted the floor and the paint was all that was holdin it tight. so il bolt that when I've got an extra pair of hands to turn it as i cant do anythin like that while under the car because of the heatshield.

passenger hole is drilled however and just needs a nut and washer on the underside to secure. honestly, if u want a job done properly, do it yourself. i would love to know who the last owner was because he really has tried to ruin this little car

Mate sounds like a right bodge artist!

And i have to agree, if you're buying a modded car be prepared to do some serious reworking!

At least you found out about that before anything happened!

ano mate, any sort of collision and that eyebolt wouldve pinged right out and i dread to think what wouldve happened to me

Thats it man, best find all the bodges before they cause damage. Mine was shockingly pikey. Some folk are just fucking retards haha.

tell me about it lol glad a found it! anyway,the work continues!! :thumbsup:

rear eye bolts screwed into place8441F0C1-orig_zpsb5052ccf.jpgexhaust (almost) sittin in the right place as its very loosely bolted in place and yet again the previous owner has fucked up the back hangin point so cant hook the backbox up, thats gonna need to be fabricated back in place to hang the fuckin exhaust! i honestly wana slap the last owner soo hard on the face, either that or a swan divin headbutt!1F05CA89-orig_zpsdb4bd774.jpg

Also spark plugs are in and power steerin belt fitted too, im slowly seeing light at the end of the tunnel boys! :)

Edited by PaulStarletSR

get some more pics up mate, liking the progress!!

cheers mate!

well as requested, here you go! some more pix!

held up a bumper to see what the fmic is gona look like behind it and WOW its pretty big! please note that this is NOT the bumper thats going on it (well half of it) im makin a 1 off bumper after everythin else is sorted!

322EDB90-orig_zps1d046fac.jpgalso this shady character came down and dropped off the fuel pump plug im gona wire up to the 96 spec loom as mine is a 98 plug on top of the fuel pump! Cheers again for the help and advice in riggin up the boost controller mate, big help man!832578BD-orig_zps56d689b1.jpgand heres what she looks like with her new bonnet all the way from Japan on _shaun_'s 4paw :DFDED991B-orig_zps98094a31.jpgSo there we go, thats the latest! thoughts and opinions welcome as always boys! shes nearly there.SHES NEARLY FUCKIN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!