PaulStarletSR's TD04 Turbo'd beast. PROBLEM MAYB SOLVED

cheers mate, its gonna get better in the nxt couple of pages.......

i need to re-attach the thermo housin, pick up the glanza dizzy and fuel pump and fit them too.

then its just a case of fillin her up with the nessessary fluids, re-check the earths and vac lines and use my battery from the corolla and see if we have life!

then if alls well, have a wank then start tidyin up the loose ends like boltin on intercooler, exhaust n shit. but i CANNOT find ma fuckin stainless cable ties anywhere so until that happens cant finish heatwrappin the exhaust and cant fit it.

angry much! lol

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*wipes dust off his seriously old,unloved thread*

had alot of personal shit goin down and also the weather hasnt helped but finally the wee SR is back on track and on its way to bein on the road!

exhaust after bein modded to suit the TD04, didnt fit at all so back up it went, been re-modded and now it fits! most of the wires have been sorted,got a slight issue with the fuel pump wirin but thatl b sorted very soon as im getin the bits i need to sort it.

head lights back on and currently cuttin out the wings to be prepped for sprayin! :D

more pix to follow in the next few days but heres 1 for now :thumbsup:8EEEC990-orig_zps26e867fb.jpg

ano mate, been way too long! I've had soo many setbacks in my personal life u wouldnt believe it mate!

i think once me and DaveEP double check all the earths and fit 2 vac pipes, shel be ready to crank over, then if all good, il be wirin up the fuel pump, fittin the rad and fmic,puttin in the coolant and power steerin fluid and boom, should be it.

there really isnt that much to do, its honestly just little things thats needin done and btween the weather and things poppin up to stop me workin on it, its held me back but no more, because im gettin proper itchy feet about it as i know how close i am to gettin her road worthy

lol i dont think u have mate! christ i said that to u aaaages ago lol

defo wont have the cash for JF2 but JAE is a defo, even if a have to pump somebodys granny to make sure i get there, its happenin lolol

Yeah man will be good if you can, im just so paranoid about breaking mine but needs must i think :) got to be the best way for people to hear it as well! Haha

you need to take new videos as I've only got that 1 to look at and now i cant find it on youtube lol

You got an estimated time to be road worthy Paul ?

I'll pop up to see yours at some point too Jordan, let you experience my TD04'ness haha.

Also, a was thinking about getting a Scottish meet sorted in July time. Hopefully all our builds will be on the road.

hmm no sure mate, still alot of shhit goin on with ma job at the mo so needin cash to get her road worthy. shell need tyres,tax and mot.

il have a better understandin of time scales once the engines cranked over to make sure thats all ok.(bare in mind its a frankenstein of 2 engines)

il be workin on it more 2moz,got a few things i can do.continue drillin eye bolt hole for passenger harness, fit engine damper,have a crack at fittin the rad aswell. also see if i can figure out y the rear loom doesnt fit in any of the plugs for the front loom

cant seem to find bolts small enuf to fit the holes on the underside of the front cross member or whatever the fuck its called lol

but this is roughly how it should look with the fmic......reckon the fmic is big enuf?lol

3FA60985-orig_zps697800d9.jpg

Edited by PaulStarletSR

Did u take the support bar off to fit that in there? your bonnet will be murder to close without it. Looking good tho mate its getting there.

u talkin about the wee thin bar that goes from the slam panel to the thick bar at the bottom?