Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 5e is going to be my next project, I want to forge it and couple it with a TD05 next, its my holy grail objective so to speak, i want to be running 300+bhp in the ep70 lol

I plan to learn how to build it my self, i think it will give me more satisfaction that way and i can do it at my own pace as the forged bits are pricey!

Thats not to say i am not gonna have fun the ep70 as it is, i just need something to keep me occupied, im married now i need to live in garage more than the house :)

A couple of people were asking how I braced my manifold and Decat, I got my garage to weld on a bracket to the decat pipe and then its bolted onto the block, there are a few holes with threads on you can use where the old brackets used to go for the Cat.

If you dont do this, your exhuast system over time WILL crack and break, or worse still you break your head and shear a section off. Its due to the weight of the whole exhaust system and turbo hanging off your head, quite literally.

Here is how mine is done, its a bit difficult to see but its the bracket in the middle on the left.

IMAG0034-2.jpg

Pretty simple, :)

yeah i had originally thought about forging the 4e but after reading up on the 5e it became obvious that if your gonna spend all that money why not go down the 5e route :)

I am looking forward to putting a huge turbo on the thing lol

• 3 weeks later...

Been a bit quite on the Starlet scene this month, been bloody skint with having to sort out my work car and the clutch being fucked, having to pay a wank load of money to get it sorted arghhh

Only thing i have got to report is that I am looking to get some kind of decent management for adjusting the boost on my car. The boost levels seem to be rather unpredictable since going TD04 for some reason and i cant get it to stay at a set bloody level just by setting the actuator at a set level, either being to low or to high!!

So did a bit of research and decided to go for the Gizzmo MS-2, which doubles up as a turbo timer, FCD, and a nifty EBC which will actively control my boost pressure to a set level :) So with any luck i can tell it to run at a level and it will adjust my actuator as needed on the fly, bonza!!!

1-8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mr Wolf :)

This is the only thing on my on my car you can see that its turbo charged. Fitted the oil cooler today which you just about see.

IMAG0054-2.jpg

IMAG0055-2.jpg

Whats hiding in there then :p Was bored this evening so thought it was time to try and figure out how the hell i was going to get my oil cooler to fit in my already rammed engine bay.

After alot of head scratching i finally managed to wedge it in and route the piping, i havent got a clue how i have got it all in!! Although you cant see it its in the same place my intercooler is.

IMAG0056-2.jpg

Yay boost controller came today, have had fun wiring the thing in and then setting up. Car goes so much better now i get full 1.1bar straight away :p only downside is it wheelspins its tits off now, may have to reduce the gain a bit so it doesnt just dump all the power on straight away :)

IMAG0057-2.jpg

New out the box

Ohhh my M9 spline tool for my 5e build arrived too :)

IMAG0060-2.jpg

and the current disco in my cabin, that thing is bright.

IMAG0058-2.jpg

Good times....