Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah pissed off with that, turns out wossner fucked up and had the rings ín stock all along, it wasnt until a letter of complaint went their way before they sorted it!

either way build is back on so engine should be rebuilt in the next week or so, i sold my td04 turbo/manifold setup so im going for somthíng mega now, Td04/td05 are way too common so im lookin for somthing BIG!

Edited by Taggy

Slowly getting together, all the pistons are finally in now

Gapped the rings :) This took bloody ages, measuring the bores and calculating the minimum gap size

IMAG0191.jpg

finished up last night with the pistons in, crank in, all torqued down so the bottom end is now in, fitted the new oil pump and put the head on

IMAG0193.jpg

Just need to torque the beast down next as i had left the tool at home! doh :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally some progress, :) I have been working on it up my mates house so its drastically slowed me down on how many hours i could put into it, but light at the end of the tunnel now. Its all together, just need to put on the flywheel, clutch and a few other bits and pieces, but the engine is built and timed up properly. I have replaced EVERYTHING in it for new, so its now a totally brand new engine!

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

To say i will be shitting it when i go to turn the key is an understatement, so far with engine parts, workshop machine work I have spent over two grand! fuck!! didnt realise it had added up to so much lol.

Edited by Taggy

yeah it just makes you ill thinking about it :) I have just been putting the auxilary bits on this evening, found the spring i lost so all the cam covers are on now and setup. Put on the new water pump and also fitted the alternator and engine mounts.

COuldnt do to much as the weather is wank and having a boat is very distracting when its sunny as i keep going out on that lol!

oh and i put on the flywheel and clutch!

Phew!

Edited by Taggy
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey John, yeah i pulled it apart the other day and resealed the bloody thing. Bit of a pain in the arse but its done now :) Still cant believe i missed that, its not documented very clearly in the manaul and missed it.

So the engine is all built ready to go, next was onto my gearbox! It had been jumping out of 5th gear so I needed to fix that before i put the box back on. This again has been a royal pain in my ass. Mainly down to me buying shit tools from ebay!! I needed a gear puller to get the 5th gear off and the one i bought stripped its own thread when i did it up, so i was like argggghhhhh!!!!

Anyhow thats now sorted with a new puller and the gearbox is back together, I just need to fill it up with oil and stick it onto the engine.

Then its clean the engine bay up time with some GUNK and drop the engine in time

So i am not far off now!!

Edited by Taggy

Hey John, yeah i pulled it apart the other day and resealed the bloody thing. Bit of a pain in the arse but its done now :) Still cant believe i missed that, its not documented very clearly in the manaul and missed it.

So the engine is all built ready to go, next was onto my gearbox! It had been jumping out of 5th gear so I needed to fix that before i put the box back on. This again has been a royal pain in my ass. Mainly down to me buying shit tools from ebay!! I needed a gear puller to get the 5th gear off and the one i bought stripped its own thread when i did it up, so i was like argggghhhhh!!!!

Anyhow thats now sorted with a new puller and the gearbox is back together, I just need to fill it up with oil and stick it onto the engine.

Then its clean the engine bay up time with some GUNK and drop the engine in time

So i am not far off now!!

Quality mate, can't wait to see pics an vids :)

John

Bit of an update, engine is all back together now with the gearbox, i just finished it :) Also gave it a spray too to spruce it up a bit

IMAG0242.jpg

Next is sorting out an engine crane to put it in, :) - Nearly there!! I am a bit miffed i cant make japfest 2 with it as I still have quite a bit of work to do even when its in the car, but at least its progress!

Edited by Taggy