Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the engine is in on the mounts now, it needs to be hooked up though. I have been feeling rough as hell this week so couldnt get much done without spewing on everything i came into contact with. I still feel terrible now. I want to do some work on it tonight but im literally sitting here at my work desk sweating and feeling like shit.

I am off to Lisbon tomorrow for a week so plan to chill out and sink a few beers :p I'll see if i can get some pics tonight :p

• 2 weeks later...

this forged project of mine has taken me hell of alot longer than i expected, with the wife moving out I had shelve the car project for a bit while i sorted all that bull shit out, my advice to anyone dont get married!!!!

In any case got the house to my self now so no more bitchin about me working on my car or any shit like that lol.

Anyway back to the project!!! I have been stuck for weeks because of a bent engine mount which i have now finally got back into shape today with the help of a mate, so it now fits properly. Put it on and the engine is now in the car properly and everything is all plugged in.

the mess of today!

IMAG0315.jpg

Finally in, now to choose a turbo and mani :)

IMAG0316.jpg

Edited by Taggy

Well did a bit more work last night, got the driveshafts back on, wheels on, connected up the rest of the pipes in the engine bay, i had originally sold my turbo setup but because I need to run it in, to save fucking around trying to get a new system to fit, i have bought back the old one so i can just bolt it back on and go.

I should be a position to start it soon!!

After much deliberation on turbo setups and all that jazz, I have finally bitten the bullet and bought a racetech system from Abbott, just gonna pay him the deposit this evening.

Looks tasty, cant wait to get it!

Racetech for the win!

DSC04381.jpg

2.jpg

Well its a full td04 racetech kit so I think its gonna boost 10x better than my old toyosports setup, i also quite like the idea of having a turbo that will spool like a ct9 on my 5e :) Should come on boost about 2.5-3k on a 5e i reckon, nice!

Will see how it goes, if i get bored i can always whack a bigger snail on!!

Going to go like fuck with that on :) good going mate nice purchase B)

Ohh and you car is lighter then an ep91/ep82 so in theory should spool even quicker :)

Edited by micky boy

Finally car will be ready to start this weekend!! Manifold turns up this Friday and will get it fitted that day :)

I have just realised why i have been so skint over the last 4 months while its been off the road, I have spent over £3100 on the 5e build with turbo setup, owch!! better be amazing lol!!

Got the car started today! but...... and a big fucking but, i had an oil leak which was like niagra falls comming out of my engine whats worse it was coming out between the head and the block in the bottom left corner, on further inspection i noticed that with a feeler guage where the oil leak is i can stick at least 1mm in between the head and the block!!!!!!

I dont know what the fuck has happened but as it stands the head isnt completly flush with the block, I have taken the rocker off and double checked the head bolts and they are all tight as fuck, as it stands the only things i can think off that have caused this is.

1. Most likely a damaged dowl on the block is some how interfering with the head being tightned properly, i resused the originals and i remember them looking a bit shit!!

2. Unlikely but a possibility, the machine shop have some how either fucked up decking my block or skimming my head so they are not completly straight.

Argggghhh, another day tomorrow working on it stripping it to pieces!!!! I am just praying the dowl it just fucked and its not letting the head sit completly flat.

Titty wank!!

Edited by Taggy