Taggys EP70 Boxy, Forged TD04, 5E-FTE

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wouldnt make a diff to the dowels if you had a small amount skimmed, they may have taken too much off that corner when setting the machine up or w/e....which headgasket did you use iirc athena ones have a issue if the mating surfaces arent clean/straight

ARGHHHHHH MY GOD SCHOOL BOY ERROR!!!!!!!

Got the head off, I PUT THE FUCKIN HEAD GASKETON UPSIDE DOWN LOL!!!!!

although i am extremely pissed off with that,its a massive sigh of relief :) everything is ok, back together will be sorted in 2 hrs time :p

Got a quaiffe in the bad boy already :p

ahhhhhh thats shit as fuck mate :( was mega looking forward to seeing this bad boy out on the roads raping any and everything :( lol

while your at it, get an lsd ;) lol

thats bad luck about the HG. its easy done, i was keeping an eye on my mate when he was building his engine. i had to swap the gasket round twice when he was doing it.

but it runs!!! bet your glad about that

Edited by turbo Grant

all back together and she runs, get in!!!!! Couple of little complications where i snapped my pissin pcv valve and new new decat pipe doesnt fit my custom exhaust, but she starts and runs :)

I am well chuffed!

Edited by Taggy

yeah i think i might well do that now, should be a good laugh :)

Few pics of it in the engine bay

started off with one of these

IMG-20120811-WA0000.jpg

ended up with this ha ha

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0337.jpg

Edited by Taggy
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the car booked into the garage tomorrow, Xzorst who did my custom exhaust and intercooler pipework,, need to get my exhaust system modified slightly to fit the new Racetech Mani/turbo system and a bit of work just to adjust the intercooler piping to hook up the turbo.

Nothing major probably an hour and half work, then its off to the MOT station and some tax, then its road legal and a weapon again!!!

I really hope i get it back Friday afternoon, well say Weapon i got to run it in then! Although that will be 1000 miles of driving pleasure :)

Got the car booked into the garage tomorrow, Xzorst who did my custom exhaust and intercooler pipework,, need to get my exhaust system modified slightly to fit the new Racetech Mani/turbo system and a bit of work just to adjust the intercooler piping to hook up the turbo.

Nothing major probably an hour and half work, then its off to the MOT station and some tax, then its road legal and a weapon again!!!

I really hope i get it back Friday afternoon, well say Weapon i got to run it in then! Although that will be 1000 miles of driving pleasure :)

Quality :)

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It drives really well actually, bit of a monster in a straight line lol but otherwise she handles quite well with the coilovers on it, I did the whole conversion in about 2 months, but most of that was doing research on how to get the electrics hooked up with the cars original loom. Bit of a headache but got there in the end :)

Ah yes you can defo hear the chatter! Sounds sweet and goes like hell, engine is running lovely too, somthing to be said about building somthing with your own hands and then actually driving it :p

I doubt i will sell it for a while to be honest, its been a labour of love and its still not finished :p

Next summer I plan to get it ready to use on track which i was hoping to get done for this year but had a couple of problems which held me back 4 months!

Nice project! :D wanna trade engine :p

How much time did you spend on swapping ?

Pocket rocket indeed :D .... is it still driveable ?

Not an sleeper anymore, you can hear the blow off valve :p

Edited by Taggy