• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Cheers guys for the comments

UPDATE
Been meaning to do a update but finding the time

Well back in march I was running out of time and chances to drive the car to get the rest of the running in miles done before my mapping date so I gave the car to KrissyB to finish off the last 450miles ready for Wednesday 19th.
He sent me this picture saying I don’t want to give your car back lol! he must be enjoying too much.

image_zps3d453722.jpeg

Wednesday 19th come and krissy drove my car up to me early and because the long drive up to me the engine oil was nice and warm to drop the running in oil out and drop the decent stuff in

After loads of discussion on what oil to use chose to run the Millors CFS 10w/40

a_zps22c23d54.jpg

We then went off to Surrey rolling road to Meet Simon (Jolly Green Monster) to get the main map done arrived there in good time and let the motor cool down then fitted the 550cc injectors ready to go.

c_zps9ecaa1d3.jpg
b_zps5f775065.jpg
d_zps3c705c40.jpg

We then finally got on the dyno and started mapping which started off very well and then we hit a wall and Simon was not seeing a huge jump when upping the boost so we decided to stop and check over a few things to see why it is holding it back as the boost its at should be making another 40-50bhp on this turbo. We checked over a number of things and went through my spec etc and come to two issues of what’s holding it back
1st issue is the exhaust that it goes from 2.5” from turbo to centre then goes into the shitty 2” hks exhaust
2nd issue is that the turbo is meshed and running not filter which is causing a mixture of turbulence and warm air

Surrey rolling road is always been heart breaker dyno and always shocked people with results as I know from experience of going to other dyno’s you make more.

Here are the dyno results of this day but not the final result ;)

p_zps083306b4.jpg
o_zpse2478830.jpg
j_zps27d98c90.jpg

Picture before we drove off that evening.

l_zps3a7c9dc0.jpg

Jumped In the car and drove off and little in to the journey home I decided to put my foot down and see what it was like and I’ve got to say I was over the moon and shocked on how responsive and how hard it pulls and thinking to myself this is more than what I need for track and sprint series.

At the end of the day it was what it was and when I got home I then phoned Dean at RW-Developments and booked my car in for the 12/4/2014 to have the rest of the exhaust made in 2.5” with some nice extras and custom air intake for turbo.

Drove the car a couple of times since the mapping and really enjoying it. Realised now Nurburgring is not far away 1/5/2014 so thought I’ve got to pull my finger out and get my Greddy oil cooler and filter relocation fitted asap so I can get a filter pipe and filter on the turbo. Reason I have not run a filter is due to the custom race tech manifold kit I had made they hadn’t given enough clearance and caused the issue that the turbo intake is too close to the filter.

Thursday 3rd of April
I decided to have a crack at doing the oil cooler with my mate Vit and get it all bolted up all was going so well till we decided to mount the cooler and test fitted the bumper and the lines where holding the bumper off and I did not want to trim back of bumper and remove the fog light. So I worked out a new route ordered some new line and fittings which then came on Saturday morning and finished the installation and used some heat protecter to stop lines getting damaged under the light etc and tested the bumper fitment and was 100% perfect. We primed over car to get the circulation round the cooler and filter relocation and then fired the car to test for leaks and there were none.

Few pics of it all mounted up

q_zps0ca8dd48.jpg
6_zps22054645.jpg
3_zps73c5501d.jpg
4_zps15dcf225.jpg
5_zpsb8af0bc7.jpg
1_zps2d030760.jpg
2_zps8e238dc3.jpg
7_zpsa54ab688.jpg
8_zps27e4c93d.jpg

I also received my fire and mounted that in the car

n_zps4edae500.jpg
9_zps519ee136.jpg
10_zps1310934d.jpg

Then this week my turbo elbow turned up and I trimmed one side down and test fitted which all fits now and will get the rest of the intake made up at the weekend by Dean.

f_zpsea0ce98f.jpg
e_zps85c766a3.jpg

That’s it for now will update once it’s been back to the dyno for final mapping

Edited by abbott

Wonderful Update Abbott!

The car is coming on so well, you have lots more to come though by the sounds of it!

You at an exact point tuning wise I was at a few years ago!

Same two issues, Exhaust and Intake...

Im surprised you made as much power as you did with a 2" system!

Exhaust wise. TD05...

May be better off going for a 3inch system as this would certainly help with spool and power...

As that turbo is capable of well over 300bhp at some nice boost levels!

Intake Wise...

Just meshed, I had the same symptoms. The velocity stack w/Mesh, worked really nice tho!

Much less restrictive then any filters we tried!

Just don't take it on the Dakar! ;)

Keep us posted buddy!

Was wondering how your were getting on with this, good to see things are progressing.

Have fun at the 'ring, hope the weather is good to you, and if not, go steady!

Wonderful Update Abbott!The car is coming on so well, you have lots more to come though by the sounds of it!You at an exact point tuning wise I was at a few years ago!Same two issues, Exhaust and Intake...Im surprised you made as much power as you did with a 2" system!Exhaust wise. TD05...May be better off going for a 3inch system as this would certainly help with spool and power...As that turbo is capable of well over 300bhp at some nice boost levels!Intake Wise...Just meshed, I had the same symptoms. The velocity stack w/Mesh, worked really nice tho!Much less restrictive then any filters we tried!Just don't take it on the Dakar! ;)Keep us posted buddy!

Thanks Matt. Yeah thought about the 3" and going to get the reat made up in 2.5" as dean already made the front pipe should be good for the job. Got a nice size K&N filter to mount in a good place with somthing trick to give it constant cold air :) will keep you posted with the results will have a nice update very soon.

such a tasty update, and now I know where I'm mounting my oil filter relocator too also!!!! cheers!

Phil.

Thanks phil. The arch is the beat place to mount the filter i think ;)

Was wondering how your were getting on with this, good to see things are progressing.Have fun at the 'ring, hope the weather is good to you, and if not, go steady!

Tim many thanks chap will be taking it easy when we go and fingers cross the weather holds up. Will catch up when im back :)

Amazing work as always mate, looks so good!

Thanks Liam :)

keep it up matey..be good to meet up soon when your back from the ring..

Thanks Jay. Yes defentley meet up when im back :)

Nice and Dean will sort ya out tomorrow, he did my 2.5 system as the majority of off the shelf exhausts have that strangle point.

John

John many thanks. Dean is the one for fabrication i wouldnt use anyone else these days hes just getting better and better.

Little update

On sat 11th april car is now with Dean at RW-Developments for a few things to be done which i will update once back.

photo_zps5835d077.jpg

More to follow soon

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Well on Sunday night I went to collect my car from RW-Developments with the new 2.5 Vband exhaust middle to back section and back box , oil cooler bracket, air filter hard pipe, custom air filter shroud which encloses the filter and gets full air flow from the grill. I am very pleased with the work Deans done as usual.

IMG_6859_zps927cc058.jpg

IMG_6860_zpsd56ac6f0.jpg

IMG_6863_zpsd5409dff.jpg

IMG_6861_zps4ab87bfe.jpg

IMG_6862_zpsbcdf3325.jpg

IMG_6864_zps509634e3.jpg

photo1_zpsb24ca9be.jpg

photo2_zps0ccd8b35.jpg

photo3_zps8b24d0f2.jpg

photo5_zps3aaf93df.jpg

photo4_zpsc305ed6c.jpg

photo5_zps5ce9adc2.jpg

photo2_zpsbd79a5e9.jpg

Driving it back I notice the change in the car with the new exhaust and filter but was taking it easy till mappings done.

Well yesterday came 23/4/2014 it was time to go back to surrey rolling road for the final mapping session and see if the exhaust and filter have made a difference. Arrived at surrey rolling road and managed to get straight on the dyno and start mapping car was on the dyno for a while going through every aspect of the map making sure fuelling and ignition is spot on. done the final power runs and come out with a figure at 1.6bar of boost 317BHP and 292ftlb, which I am over the moon with that sort of torque figure.

Big Thanks to Simon Roe (Jolly Green Monster) highly recommend this guy for mapping.

photo3_zps85fb267f.jpg

After it came off the dyno we decided to go out on the road and go for a drive to make sure everythings good on the road and was spot on and got to say it pulls very hard.

Unfortunately the drive home was in the rain so did not get to have a good drive of it but Im sure its going to be very fun.

Ive decided after driving the car back from Deans and to dyno that the exhaust is a little on the loud side and is going to have a problem on track so I am arranging to go back to Deans when back from Nurburgring to see what we can do.

Next up to get the geo done on the car on Saturday and get the rest of the car prepped ready for heading out to Germany next Thursday morning for 4days at the ring.

But here is the final spec of the whole car now its near completion

Engine

4E-FTE Block

Wossner 74.5mm Pistons

PEC Conrods

ACL Main Bearing

ACL Big End Bearings

ACL Thrust Bearings

ARP Head Bolts

ARP Main Stud and Nut Kit

Athena 1.4 Head Gasket

Toyota Oil Pump

Toyota Water Pump

Toyota Full Gasket Set

Toyota Dizzy Cap & Rotor

Cam Cover 2x -8 Welded Fittings

Cusco Catch Can 2x -8 Weld Fittings

Braided Breather Lines

NGK Iridium Spark Plug

Magnacore 8mm HT Leads

Light Weight Crank Pully

Light Weight Power Steering Pully

Attain Throttle Pulley

Inlet Manifold Ported to Match Head

Big Ported Head

PEC Big Valve Conversion

New Std Toyota Valve Springs

Fuel system

HKS Highflow Fuel Rail

Sard Fuel Pressure Regulator

Sard 550cc Injectors

Custom Braided Fuel Lines

TD Fuel Pump

Cooling

Greddy Oil Cooler Kit

Roose Motorsports Rad Hoses

Alloy Civic Radiator

Slim Line Rad Fan

Sard Rad Cap

Sard Low Temp Thermostat

Zep Water Temp Sensor Adaptor

Jam Cooling Panel

Turbo / intercooler / Exhaust Setup

Greddy TD05 16G Turbo

Tial MVS 38mm Vband Wastegate

Race-Tech Custom Manifold

Race-Tech Custom Downpipe

Race-Tech Custom Screamer Pipe

Race-Tech Custom Oil Feed

Roose Motorsport Oil Return Hose

RW-Development Custom 2.5" Vband Exhaust

system

K&N air filter RW-Developments custom filter shroud

Greddy Front Mount Intercooler Kit

Sard R2D2 Blow Off Valve

Roose Motorsport Intercooler Hoses

Murry Hose Clamps

Transmission

C52 Gear Box

Quaiffe ATB LSD

Blitz Active Single Plate Clutch Kit

TRD Quickshift

Zep Linkage Bushs

Hel Braided Clutch Line

Chassie

BC Coilovers

Cusco 6 point Roll Cage

Zep C Pillar Car

TRD Front Strut Brace

Cusco Carbon Rear Strut Brace

Whiteline Front Drop Links

Whiteline Rear Drop Links

Whiteline Front Anti Roll Bar (powder coated candy blue)

Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar (powder coated candy blue)

RSR Panhard Rod

Super Pro Front Wishbone Bushes

Power flex Poly Engine Mounts

Power Flex Poly gearbox mount

Power flex Poly rear beam bushes

Brakes

Front

Wilwood 4 Pot Calipers

Wilwood Brake Pads

284mm Discs on bells

Braided Lines

Rear

Standard Rear Discs

EBC Ultimax Pads

Braided Lines

Cusco BMCS

Wheels and tyres

Rays TE37s

Yokohama Neova AD08 195/50/15 Tyres

Muteki Wheel Nuts

Exterior

96 Spec Shell

Jam Reverse Scoop

98 Spec Rear Lights

LED Rear Spoiler Brake Light

Rolled Rear Archs

Laguna Front Splitter

Interior

Custom 3 Gauge Pod made in to Dash

Flocked Dash

Flocked Hand Brake and Centre Surround

Recaro Door Cards

Mc Chu Carbon Clock Surround

Cobra Imola S Carbon Bucket Seat (Driver)

Custom adapted Bride Seat Rail

Recaro CL7 (Special Edition Seat)

4point Harnesses

OMP 330mm Dished Steering Wheel

AH Fabrications Battery Box

Lifeline fire extinguisher

Electonics

Apexi Power FC ECU + Commanda

Celica GT4 Map Sensor

Greddy Profec B spec 2 Boost Controller

Defi Link Controller

Defi Link Boost Gauge

Defi Link Oil Pressure Gauge

Defi Link Oil Temp Gauge

Defi Link Water Temp Gauge

AEM Wideband Gauge

Thats it for now

Edited by abbott

Great result abbott , The car is looking awesome :) A catch is needed soon when your back from the ring

Thanks Jamie. Yes mate we need to catch up its been a while :)

Very impressive Abbot bet it's epic now

Thanks chap it does feel a beast

Good result mate, that's a nice spec list you have there as well

Thanks matty :) cheers dude.

Amazing result there mate! Wonderful updates like normal.

Pretty sure you're going to nurburgring with a good friend of mine too.

Thanks Liam yes very happy with result. Is that Mike by any chance?

Indeed it is buddy!

Good news will have a good catch up with him.

Absolute, quality and well chuffed for ya :) liking the airbox :)

John

Thanks alot john look forward to catching up some point this year :)

Brilliant result Abbott!

Airbox and a lot of other bits make this car special. i only wish it was all in a red ep82 lol

Phil

Phil many thanks for the kind words. The red car was great mate but the glanza is alot better will have to show you round it at some point at a show.

Nice touch with the air box.

Thanks lew. Def does the job

Cracking result Abbott! Great to see her finally finished mate.

Thanks mate :) no where near finish already thinking of other stuff.

Quality stuff Abbott! Lovely Torque!Make sure you bosh your results through the leaderboard!http://www.s314kba.co.uk/leaderboard

Thanks Matt. Yes will get the results on there soon

was having a good nose round this the other day when dean was making my catch tank,

stunning car and can see the direction you are going with it! LOVE the intercooler and how its all set up. great result buddy!

Thanks mate glad you liked it. Will be used alot on track this year to get some experiance, testing and try and get some results out of it.