| ..Glanza Rep | .. Getting BOOOOSTED!

Starlet's...Starlet's...Starlet's...

Where do you begin? Such a cool beefed up little car! From the minute one overtook me and completely disappeared into the distance on the M25 i wanted one! They remind me off Micra's on a heavy dosage of steriods!

I've been driving almost 2 years, and my previous cars were DUBs. I was heavily into the VDub scene and having 2 MK4 golfs (Common as muck) i loved them regardless. My previous car to the Starlet was a MK4 Golf - GT TDI. Which was suprising fun and fast! Torque in all 6 gears and being an oil burner it was cheap to run! Here's a picture;

GolfSideFront.jpg

Since spending alot of money on the golf, i decided enough is enough, Plus, everyone i knew had Jap"crap" as i used to say, so i thought lets jump on the bangwagon and be different!

I decided on the starlet and there is literally non in my town. Closest being 20 miles away. Which is a bonus, So regardless of me not having the turbo my car is the only one your see! Which to me is priceless!

So;

I bought the car from a Previous member on here in early December.

The car was located in Nottingham. Which was 223 miles from where i am based in the South East (Eastbourne). I knew the car was the "one" so it was somthing i just had to do!

I travelled up on Saturday evening and low and behold i was driving it home. 440 miles later and a severe lack of sleep i had it on my driveway the following morning!

Here's some pictures i have off the car i recieved from the previous owner!

1.jpg

2.jpg

The car is a N/A EP91 1998. It has no Electric windows or anything fancy? So i think its the Sportif model? I'm unsure regardless!

So far the car hasn't missed a beat! and to be honest the car has taken abit of a beating in the breif ownership its had with me!

I do treat my cars and so far, the cars taken shap in a short amount of time! I dont have many current pictures to date because ive been a lazy git and havent bothered cleaning it or anything recently as it's just downpour after downpour!

The current list of mods i have added are;

- Full Glanza replica

- Sticker bombed

- Custom fabricated Cobra exhaust system (Cat-Back)

- K&N air filter

- Corolla air intake manifold

- De-Wipered

- Black door frames

- Lowered 40mm (on springs)

- Laguna Splitter (Which i managed to rip off..I didn't realise how low the front really was @ 40mm)

Modification's i have personally added;

- Gloss black vinyl roof

- Gloss black wing mirrors

- Fully stripped interior

- D2 bucket seats

- Sabalt 4-point harnesses

- Momo 3 Spoke steering wheel

- LED Sidelights

- Red Radiator Hoses

- Red Silicone hoses throughout the engine bay

- Red condruit enclosing the wiring in the engine bay

- Carbon fibre wrapped centre console & door trims

Here's a picture before i begun working on her!

1a2ae3fc.jpg

After i had the roof vinyl done in gloss black! - Poor quality though;

9684e265.jpg

A little video i made off my friend taking her for a quick spin! This was the day after i bought it!

27e15eb6.jpg

So far i adore the car! And the list of things i want to do and achieve carrys on and on.. Eventually im hoping to buy a Glanza or Starlet GT donor car and do a full turbo 4E-FTE conversions!

Opinions and comments are welcomed! I'd love some feedback and some pointers on where to go next with the project!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Zeldoz

Welcome along! Looks good mate, all it needs is an fte! Those tinted lights need to come off though!

I like that Golf too, I sometimes drive my Mum's Leon TDi FR 150 can't go wrong with a VAG diesel :thumbsup:

Yeah that is bons old car, and he's a top guy! Still talk over Facebook about starlets with him!

You think the scoop would be better silver? I was kinda going for a black theme. When I put the splitter back on it will also be black as its faded from black. When it's back on I'll whack a picture up and let you guys see what you think!

I have a picture of the seats in the EG6 track car they came out of I'll post it in a minute.

Got it back from te garage today! Apparantly doing my seats were a tricky job as if was fiddly to strip them down and cut away the reclining mechanisms and leave the bare brackets in a usable sliding position!

Happy with how it turned out got a few snaps none quite do them justice I'll get a side frame shot later too!

5d11a803.jpg

011151d4.jpg

d63f88eb.jpg

What to you all thing? Brand spanking new seats and harnesses!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought it was only time for an update on this as its been left for ages since

I put in the D2 bucket seats! A little bit has happened since then!

I got a new job in Brighton and when going for the interview I managed to have an argument with a large curb in a carpark and well, the starlet lost. :(

15f66fac.jpg

The damage was surprising bad, completely tearing the bumper in places and scuffing

The area which is visible! I was GUTTED.. But it's one of them things.. Gives me an excuse for a 98spec one..

The main update to the car is the wheels, I had Toyota Team Europe (TTE) on it from when I bought it but I fancied abit of a change.. So I spotted a member 'Socks' breaking up a starlet so I nabbed the wheels and Glanza electric mirrors from him at a bargain price! Here's what I saw before they arrived..

fea7136e.jpg

They looked cracking and for a really good bargain! So I snapped them up!

They needed a REAL HEAVY clean.. The chrome lip was mank.. And hasn't been cleaned in awhile! After my hard work.. With wire wool & T-Cut metal polish this is what they looked like on the car!

31ceec0f.jpg

And

d8829e8f.jpg

The other update I did was de-sticker the boot! I thought it was looking tacky and drawing attention that I didn't really want to be receiving! So off they came leavin one.. "Made in Japan" my favourite.

That's pretty much what's been going on.. Oh WAIT.. One more biggie...

I recently purchased from a member a Glanza interior wiring loom, door looms, engine loom, standard ecu, fusebox and Glanza dials! Everything I pretty much need for the conversion!

66757355.jpg

That's the whole package I'm receiving and here's the dials and ecu, I even got a TRD carbon surround on the dials...TOUCH!

b6da4851.jpg

So the conversion plans are well and truely underway! What do you think so far!?

OH AND I NEED A 4E-FTE urgently to begin converting!

Thanks Lewis.

looking good mate,

but the scoop needs to be silver, and it needs glanza mirrors badly.

also dont think those are trd clocks. think they are just wrapped

Yeah, I'm still thinking an debating on the scoop, the mirrors will be changed when I convert, and even if there wrapped I'm okay with it! Still look good!

Great Stuff! Good to see them wheels lookin rude!

There Steve-GT's old wheels then KidV's old wheels haha!

The slags!

Get it boosted :p

Just need the engine now! Looking around frantically! But need to do some reading up, been looking for a 'how to?' or a guide but can't find a goo enough one to help understand what needs to be done..?

Lewis

its easy peasy if your using glanza looms remove all old looms, clocks, ecu, stalks etc replace with glanza ones fit 4efte boom! :D

tbf i wish i had done it that way but i like a challenge :p

Is it really that simple!? Just lay in the new ones and turn the key...?

Someone told me you need to cut 3 plugs of the n/a loom to use on the Glanza one? So many people saying different things.. Lol

theres a couple of ways u can do the conversion. but if u have the full loom/ecu/indicator stalks and clocks just removing all the old stuff and putting in the glanza gear would be the simplest way