Looks evil

Thanks man.

if i ever need a snow plow i will give you a ring ;) looks pretty sick to be fair mate !! watch the kids ankles though

Hahaha :p.

Nice job!

Cheers bro.

Brutal !

Thanks man.

Oh no.. That does nothing for me now :'(

Afraid to say I'm not a fan at the minute :( rest of

It needs to be as aggressive as the splitter to pull it off I think.

Not to sure on this..

1.its gona expand like a sponge when it rains

2.your gona catch it on sum whore of a speed bump and be ragin

3.its sittin at an upward angle therefore creatin lift at high speeds which will cause u probs bud

4.also think your splitter was perfect for the car before u went all homebase with it

if u fix the angle it sits at and trim it a bit it might look pretty smart, id actually be annoyd if this popped up on barryboys coza this

I like the idea but I think it's a bit too big, especially at the sides. :(

Looking at this again. It's pointing up quite a fair bit. It's going to create 'upforce' and the car is going to be light over 50+ and under steer like mad.

I would strongly recommend taking it off because it's quite dangerous.

Oohhhh Rob! I'm really not a fan of this sadly.. I just don't think huge splitters look right on Glanzas :(

Big splitters on anything really aren't my thing at all... Like you said, each to their own though and let the haters hate. . . I thought your car looked pretty 'peng' beforehand.

Full marks on all the effort your putting into this car by the way! Huge respect for that.

Splitter or no splitter, my favourite black V,

Haha, well thanks everyone.

If people read back through the pages you'll know that it's marine ply, not mdf. I'm not a retard..

And if you do your re-search then you will understand and come to terms with the fact that marine ply is one of the strongest and durable for being outside. It won't expand and fall apart at all.

Taken from Wikipedia;

Plywood is a manufactured wood panel made from thin sheets of wood veneer. It is one of the most widely used wood products. It is flexible, inexpensive, workable, and re-usable, and usually can be manufactured locally. Plywood is used instead of plain wood because of plywood's resistance to cracking, shrinkage, splitting, and twisting/warping, and because of its generally high strength.

Plywood layers (called veneers) are glued together, with adjacent plies having their wood grain at right angles to each other, to form a composite material. This alternation of the grain is called cross-graining and has several important benefits: it reduces the tendency of wood to split when nailed at the edges; it reduces expansion and shrinkage, providing improved dimensional stability; and it makes the strength of the panel consistent across both directions. There is usually an odd number of plies, so that the sheet is balanced—this reduces warping. Because plywood is bonded with grains running against one another and with an odd number of composite parts, it is very hard to bend it perpendicular to the grain direction.

I don't mind people not liking it, infact I rather enjoy it. In my eyes it's different, I don't want to have the same car as everyone else lol..

And also as said it's the START of many things.

Furthermore it doesn't point up, i'm taking a picture from above the car lol.. Course it's going to look up.

The rods are from carbonmods.co.uk for those wondering, £25 for two.

Thank you.

Edited by Rbz.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno dude just the lip nd that.. need to see this in the flesh to get better results.. :)

its a good effort thow... like said its little the lips massive.. mabys cut it down?

Yeah I know the lip aha I meant what looks messy about it though? It's not like it's been cut un-even or mounted dodgy..

Just curious as to why it's messy. I don't mind bad comments, i'm totally cool with it and it's interesting to know what people think.

We took 20mm off of it before we mounted it yesterday.

Just remember guys, it's on to serve a purpose. It's not for looks.. It needs to be big to work well when everything else is done.

Anyway, regardless of it anyway here are two pictures from todays clean.

http://s688.photobucket.com/user/Bmx_Robb/media/IMG_20130505_160638_zps7867f544.jpg.html'>IMG_20130505_160638_zps7867f544.jpg

http://s688.photobucket.com/user/Bmx_Robb/media/IMG_20130505_160854_zps50b47dc0.jpg.html'>IMG_20130505_160854_zps50b47dc0.jpg

How much you offering?

Just enquiring on behalf of my brother who's looking at v's at the minute. Would love to be able to afford your motor, one of my favourite glanzas around. If only I didn't buy my mrs a suzuki cappuccino.

Just enquiring on behalf of my brother who's looking at v's at the minute. Would love to be able to afford your motor, one of my favourite glanzas around. If only I didn't buy my mrs a suzuki cappuccino.

Well thank you very much mate, I appreciate that.

If you are at japfest feel free to have a look around and we can talk :).

Well thank you very much mate, I appreciate that.

If you are at japfest feel free to have a look around and we can talk :).

Ill be around.

Might be able to recognise you if your wearing a beanie :). I bumped into you at the burwash meet when you came with your pal.

Ill be around.

Might be able to recognise you if your wearing a beanie :). I bumped into you at the burwash meet when you came with your pal.

Oh did you! Who were you haha? The two guys we were speaking to when everyone left?

Not too sure on it looking from pictures, looks a lot better than before now it's painted but it's probably one of those things that in person the car pulls it off better. As long as you're happy with it!

Even point slightly upwards although not ideal it would still give downforce. Because more air would go over the car than under it. How is it mounted though? Just to the bumper?

1.its gona expand like a sponge when it rains

2.your gona catch it on sum whore of a speed bump and be ragin

3.its sittin at an upward angle therefore creatin lift at high speeds which will cause u probs bud

4.also think your splitter was perfect for the car before u went all homebase with it

if u fix the angle it sits at and trim it a bit it might look pretty smart, id actually be annoyd if this popped up on barryboys coza this

Even point slightly upwards although not ideal it would still give downforce. Because more air would go over the car than under it. How is it mounted though? Just to the bumper?

Thank you :).

Nope it's to the bottom beam/crash bar, so a very solid source of strength.

I like the idea, I understand its a w.i.p so its gonna look out of place, if I was you I woulda waited till getting canards at least before fitting. Id like to see this end up with a big rear diffuser.

I did explain what my plans are but I can only assume people missed it. What I said a few pages ago was;

Working from front to back.

Front;

Current splitter.

Bumper canards.

Maybe one or two other whacky bits here and there.

Side;

Uder skirt diffuser (unsure on material yet).

Rear;

Rear diffuser, ally sheeting with riveted middle bits like - -----------
| | | |

Underneath;

Under tray made from ally sheeting along the exhaust tunnel and maybe will tie in with the side skirt diffusers (unsure yet will look in to it when the time comes).

Edited by Rbz.