• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marine. I like what you did there :D dose look cool must be so close to the floor now

Weheyyy ;) Hahaha.

We will see when it's all on and jacked down I guess lol! Can always raise the car up :) Cheers man.

Not a huge fan at the minute mate! But sure it'll look sweet when it's done!

Looking forward to seeing how it pans out mate.

It's ok, I don't mind haha.

Lots to do though man so don't rule it off quite yet :).

Looks good bud.

Splitter looks perfect. Lots of Racing teams use MDF for splitters as it cheap and easy to use. How are you mounting it? ideally it needs to be something more supportive than the bumper. It sticks out quite far so it will generate alot of Down force. With it mounted it should be able to support your weight (around 70ks) With my splitter i've mounted past the wheel and attached it to the sub frame and have supports to the crash bar (RX8) as i have no FMIC.

Not hating, Just giving advice from my experience and research.

when you going to get it mapped on some form of management matey??

Hmm, well that is something I have been um'ing and ar'ing about for a very long time now and I simply just don't know. There are a few options but would have to think in depth really so not too sure bro.

fucking love time attack styling. simple.

if i could afford to build a time attack EP i would!

keep it up that man!

Phil.

Ohhh yes, absolutely love time attack styling myself, simple as that haha!

Thank you mate I really appreciate it :).

Looks good bud.

Splitter looks perfect. Lots of Racing teams use MDF for splitters as it cheap and easy to use. How are you mounting it? ideally it needs to be something more supportive than the bumper. It sticks out quite far so it will generate alot of Down force. With it mounted it should be able to support your weight (around 70ks) With my splitter i've mounted past the wheel and attached it to the sub frame and have supports to the crash bar (RX8) as i have no FMIC.

Not hating, Just giving advice from my experience and research.

Thank you, Dan.

As said above somewhere it will be mounted via me welding some L shaped brackets (roughly 4) to the under chassis/crash bar bit then nut and bolt jobby with washers of course. And then rods to hold it up at the front, 2 maybe 3 if I can find a suitable place in the middle for a third.

I appreciate it mate, thanks.

mine is also mounted into crash bar also rob..

just take ya time with it tomorrow mate.

Yeah man awesome, atleast I know it will be ok that way. Will do!

Hope you go all balls on the styling dude, needs a big rear wing! Gonna be epic.

Oh yes, balls out is what I plan on doing bud.

Ok well see'ing as there has been some good feedback my plans are as follows;

Working from front to back.

Front;

Current splitter (obviously more refined and fitted etc).

Bumper canards.

Maybe one or two other whacky bits here and there.

Side;

Uder skirt diffuser (unsure on material yet).

Rear;

Rear diffuser, ally sheeting with riveted middle bits like - -----------

| | | |

Underneath;

Under tray made from ally sheeting along the exhaust tunnel and maybe will tie in with the side skirt diffusers (unsure yet will look in to it when the time comes).

I'll try and do as much as I can before japfest. So whenever I have time I will be working bits out for it.

I have done a vast amount of re-search for literally a few months now on all of the pieces I want to do, looking in to detail from strengthening to the best materials and shapes.

So keep an eye out guys! It's the start of what I hope is one of a kind as that is what I've always dreamed of (having a car as one of a kind).

Thanks for the positive feedback I do really really appreciate it. Any input is valid good, bad or advice.

Thanks.

All of the aero parts you've mentioned are parts I want to do, but probably won't be able to lol. After seeing that Silver track GT I want mine looking something like it!

I think the splitter will look a lot better way finished, but one thing is that the bottom of your lip kind of slants up toward the middle, I'm guessing you'll fit it so it obviously points slightly down when the car is in the floor? May just be the picture making me think it's pointing up tbh!

Edited by Amjad

All of the aero parts you've mentioned are parts I want to do, but probably won't be able to lol. After seeing that Silver track GT I want mine looking something like it!

I think the splitter will look a lot better way finished, but one thing is that the bottom of your lip kind of slants up toward the middle, I'm guessing you'll fit it so it obviously points slightly down when the car is in the floor? May just be the picture making me think it's pointing up tbh!

Yeah man exactly, that is pretty much the only one out there I think lool.

Urmmm nop, the lip is straight man, only way it might look pushed up is because of the jack holding the wooden splitter up and it pushed the bumper up a little bit.

Looks fucking awesomeeeee. Every time i see a nice black glanza, it really makes me want to get mine all sorted, i hate that it doesnt have splitters & duck tail. Cant decide on what front splitter though!