Haiii!

Is this the same hou that I got the part numbers for the Glanza rear light covers many many moons ago on toc??

The same one ;) Nice to see some old schoolers still around. Those glanza covers were a paint to fit but I enjoyed being the first

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The same one ;) Nice to see some old schoolers still around. Those glanza covers were a paint to fit but I enjoyed being the first

Woah! Blast from the past! Nice to see you still about mate! I'm a bit out of touch tbh, what you driving now?

Yeah those light covers were almost unheard of! Especially as you couldn't get 98 spec Glanzas in the country then, back in the day ^^,

Yeah iddy, I still have my 16" cades Eros off my paseo, however i need a tire for one of them, and they're like £90 a tire, so I'm debating putting them up for swaps on some 15" gt3's or similar...

They're worth about £300 as they were £550 new...

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers fellas! Defo thinking I prefer the Amber's atm, also the paint reacted when I went to respray the bonnet, got 'annoyed' with it and flatted it down again and just Matt blacked it. I'll probably flat it and laquer it sooner or later, but this will do for now!

Here's a pic today with the ambers on too.

1138c040.jpg

Also contemplating yellowing the headlights too? As there pretty cloudy and had it really, what do we think?

Nice to hear from you, even better youve brought an old ep back..loved your old V

The sub enclosure u made is still sitting comfortably in the my car :D

Thanks mate! Good to see you're still about! Ha! I was only thinking it would have been handy to have that again now I have another starlet! Lol!

Edited by scutch0

I mind seein this car somewhere before u had it. looks well fresher now tho lol good work bringin it back. I liked the graphics but i love the way it looks now. keep up the good work. oh n love the supra too. :)

Pretty cool project going on. Supra looks ace, whats the spec on it? Thought i recognised the car, its in someones sig, looks like the pic was taken at a show or something. Its always in pretty old threads. Anyway it looks a lot better now, amber corners are spot on.

orange...amber...red...white...black....too much going on dude, too many colours! get that bonnet white! white i say WHITE!!!!!

was just looking at the very top pic in this thread again there of the old motor...brings back serious memories from back in the day, back when all i wanted was mesh and blue LED strips in the footwells lol. man your car was so unqiue at the time, still would be if it were still around. was mega inspirational to me.

Phil.

get that bonnet white! white i say WHITE!!!!!

back when all i wanted was mesh and blue LED strips in the footwells lol.

i agree get the bonnet white :)

and haha i remember when i was 17 with my starlet and had green leds everywhere :crazy:

Liking what you did with the indicators, spraying the insides makes them look a lot nicer!

i agree get the bonnet white :)

and haha i remember when i was 17 with my starlet and had green leds everywhere :crazy:

Hahaha I had fun ripping those out :p

Thanks for the love guys. (reminds me why I used to call this place home ^^, )

Yeah I think the car has been around here for about a good 4-5 years, as I remember it just as I was selling my Glanza, it's got it's problems, like the bonnet... The paint is aweful, anything I put on it reacts to the original underneath, the only way I can save it really is to strip it to bare metal and start again... Hence why it's Matt black atm, it's still a budget build so I'm not spending megabucks sorting it.

I agree there's too many colours atm Phil, when I get a tire the wheels will be black, which I think should tie it in a bit better.

I've sprayed 040 white on the supra over winter and it's a bastard to get right, so I think I'll leave the bonnet black unless I source a cheap white bonnet... Worst case scenario is I'll lacquer this one and leave it a satin black.

dude you are too kind, thanks for the kind words on the old starley, I almost bought her back a few years ago, but I couldn't really afford it... I believe it's in the scrapyard in the sky now isn't it??

The supra is my pride and joy, she's a sz non turbo, I bought a non turbo initially because of fuel cost using it as a daily, but now she's a weekend car I probably should get something done... All in good time tho. Its running a blitz nur spec, crhis wilson first decat and a hks intake. Even as a non turbo it's no slouch 0-60 in 6.5 and I've seen 147mph not even trying (on a private road officer!)

Anyway back on track, Still trying to get a exhaust sorted for it, something subtle.

And get a tire for my cades then it should look a little tidier!

Here's some cleaned up pics.

977a2896.jpg

8f407313.jpg

d2322039.jpg

849cc191.jpg

is it in the scrapyard??? ahhh man, didnt know that! fail.

the newer pics actually make it look better with the bonnet.

spraying the wheels black may loose them in the arches dude. i like them red, i just think black would loose all the style in them. maybe, maybe not.

she's lookin well dude!

Phil.

Yeah I believe it was stripped... 'tis a shame as I believe the last mot it passed was at 170k miles!

What a little beast.

Na Phil you Misunderstand! I've still got my black wheels from my paseo still!

These;

26e73246.jpg

Hopefully they'll look good on it!