Hey guys i found out about this forum by word of mouth and from sites such as youtube i guess, my names matt and im from chesterfield, i have a huge love for starlets/glanzas and have wanted one for a long ass time, unfortunately due to insurance i ended up with a 3 pot 1.0 corsa as my first car and even then ended up getting rid of it and canceling insurance after just 6 months but now fortunately a year after passing my test ive just started a temporary summer job thats paying good and will hopefully last until august september time so im now on the look out for a cheap sr or sportif (until i can insure a glanza) to run/insure and modify in a way that i hope will somehow be unique but ive yet to decide on how it will be unique. anyways ive got a fair few questions to ask so i guess ill go over and start a topic in the technical section.

Edited by Matts

Thanks guys for the welcome :) ill ask a few small questions here to save posting all over the place,

Other than the added extras on an sr (spoiler, backbox, alloys, e/w) is there much difference between an sr and sportif?

Does the sportif have a rev counter? or at least provisions for a rev counter to be fitted say from a paseo or sr dash?

and

What sort of price am i looking at to insure a n/a sr or sportif (i'm 18, no ncb (apart from 1 year on a 125cc bike), passed my test july 22nd 2011 so about a year) i had a quote last october for an sr and it was if i remember £2700 but i attempted to do a quote the other day with the same company (adrian flux) but a year later and they told me £7990.00

thanks guys.

Welcome to the site bud. unfortunately insurance is stupid steep these days. best bet is shop arojnd loads! And id start with a lower spec car and add to it to keep insurance lower tbh. any thing can be fitted with enough work ;)

Welcome to UKSC :)

Another one from Chesterfield :)

John

Thanks bud :) yeah i thought i had seen your glanza around and then i looked on your profile and noticed your from chesterfield!

Welcome!

I was driving one of those corsas for a few weeks at one point it was so shit hahaha

ahh yes tell me about it buddy, it was a mistake of mine but insurance crushed my hopes of getting an ep but atleast now i have one and will be insured next week hopefully! :) clear your inbox bro i was trying to send you a message the other day.

welcome along dude, the trouble with adrian flux is they charge more for an unmoddified car lol, i got mine all mods declairs for £400 cheaper with lowering exhaust and window tints haha.

also try s.k.y, elephant and admiral, get online quotes modded and unmodded, take the cheapest then ring them up and barter. I've saved loads doing this ;)

welcome to the club mate :)

the sportif i do believe is the base model (lightest ;) ) lol with the 5 door gls being the heaviest :)

absolutely no power difference between any of the uk spec starlets from standard. if you want to pm me any questions id be happy to help

ryan