• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

YAS!!!!!!

finally after a five month wait dave has picked up the quafes,

one of these suckers has my name all over it :p

quaife.jpg

so at the wknd im gona have a stab at fitting these babys and also gutting the cat!

update002.jpg

this is my engine bay how it is after jae, you should have seen it before hand, a total riot, just attacked it with some autoglym, rubber renovater or something and it still looks clean.

check out the bodge job on my blow off valve lol

update008.jpg

update010.jpg

update.jpg

e-manage

soon ill be baiting some higher powered mecheenery in my little ep beast! its booked in on the 27th of this month to get the emanage fitted and mapped, only one thing holding me back is this arc top mount, i still need to get it from dublin, can anyone help?

its sound we'll be travlling down in covoy a few weeks your holidays for the thrash. is on the 8th

we could catch up for some banter then

I didn't really get that mate... when's the thrash? I fly back on the 8th... I'm up for banter whenever though!

• 2 weeks later...

sound bud

alright people just a little update,

last wknd set about gutting the ac, if your thinking about htis you need to remember and purchase a na powerstearing belt,

fucku0-p005.jpg

took about 1.5 hours to do in all

fucku0-p008.jpg

also flew to dublin to pic up my arc on tuesday, then toured up to baz's new paint shop in troon to fit it, he has a minted set up in his spray shop.

after driving it up the road the car did seam to pull abit cleaner.

the shit bit was tonight, toured up to haggis's to get my manifold, and actuater fitted along with gutting the cat.

fucku0-p027.jpg

check out the heavy restriction in runner number three

fucku0-p029.jpg

fucku0-p030.jpg

gutting the cat was a piece of piss, just attacked it with a chizel and hammer, you need to wear a dust mast though as the cats full of nasty shit.

fucku0-p015.jpg

fucku0-p020.jpg

here in lies one of the problems, there was no pin supplied in the hks actuater kit, so in the mean time haggis managed to sort out a temporary solution,

does anyone know where i can get a pin though,

i need one pretty urgently tbh

fucku0-p022.jpg

the second part of my problem is my head has a heafty crack in my,

felt like shedding a tear after seing it with the manifold off, its masive !!!:)

so i might need a new head to sort this out, last thing i was expecting and its totaly set me back on my game plan

this crack is an underlying problem on glanzas, just check around the right top of the manifold

ITS PURE AIDS!!!! :p

Jeez G!

A lot of mixed fortunes there bro :)

Best of luck with getting her straight! :p

Lots more can go wrong when u got 4efte it seems...

Not your fault tho man, just wear and tear.

Hope the freebies I sent cheered u up a tiny bit!

Talk Soon!

Peace Out

Joz

on closer inspection this morning as it was dark when we finnished, it seams the blow is coming through the gasket on the new manifold and not the crac which is a weight off my chest, ill just have to take it off and double up a couple of new ones asi reused the old gasket there,

i also need to turn down the actuater so ill do this when servicing the glanza today :)

if the manifolds warped ill have to get my mate to mechine it straigt, hopfully its not,

also on the actuater im sure something is mising in the kit, ep82s have the pin type and ep91s the hole type yea??????

is it a wepr mani mate? if so, it'll be blowing because the flange is too thin, meaning the nuts holding it on aint actually sealing as tight as they should be (due to not catching the thread), plus as the flange is thin they obviously warp etc, thats mainly why i sold my wepr on, it was brand new and may well have been perfect but i couldnt be bothered to take the risk if it wasn't. i'm far too lazy to inspect problems etc.

whats that on the pipe of the arc going into the inlet? silver foil or something? either that or its a whole lot of welding? looks mightily wierd!

Looking good bud, but you got it the wrong way round wi the actuator. The ep91's are pin type and the older ep82's (not all of them) are hole types. You don't get the pin with the actuator the whole screw on arm bit is different, just try an find someone with an ep82 that needs a hole type arm and swap, i had to do this with mine.

yea man its abit of a shitter that.....

@well spotted ek

whoever had it in japan went to the liberty of plumbing in two injectors which was a nice surprise,

the holes are blocked up with two rubber plugs and that cap

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

i have some different rear lenses that im gona fit on tomorrow,

i know what your saying with the manifold thats why i used washers as you can see in the pic, shouldent have chanced it with the gasket though, in that pic to the right of the nut is where its blowing.

fucku0-pi001.jpg

the actuater seams to be holding up the way its mounted but its far from ideal

fucku0-pi002.jpg

im gona divert the whole of friday to taking the mani off and fitting a new gasket,

hopefully that should solve the problem, if not il have to divert to the old mani

• 2 weeks later...

yea totaly Adrian,

ive noticed a bealthy increase in power over standard with the manifold, gutted cat and arc top mount even though the cylinder heads blowing

abit gutted that your man paul cant fit my emanage before the thrash,