Dans Stancelet - The end is now

Same, got fed up today and just went home, a few other things wrong with them aswell but i reckon theres some loose pins somewhere making them have a mind of their own.

Thing is i follorwed this guide

http://www.ukstarlet...?showtopic=8006

Pretty sure i put all the pins in the right places so god knows why im having problems with it!

When I did mine I tried using this guide and it didn't work out. Best way is to sit down with both clocks and trace the circuit boards on the back and work it out from scratch yourself. I spent 2 day trying to use a couple of different guides and none of them were perfect. But 10mins at the kitchen table doing my own wiring diagram from scratch and it worked.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It turned out my me and my mate managed to wire the little white connector completely backwards, so everything works now apart from the coolant gauge, Any chance you can tell me which wires do the coolant gauge?

Had her on a rolling road on saturday.

Managed 76bhp on the first run and got 77.5 the second run, think the rollers were a bit happy as ive only got an air filter and decat, but, still proves the engines good, and sets a bench mark to see how much a rolla inlet and different exhaust actually does, pics when my mate uploads em!

Edited by dan106

Cleaned it at work on friday

Photo062.jpg

Photo064.jpg

Photo065.jpg

And this is my other car

Photo069.jpg

Photo070.jpg

Photo066.jpg

Also got a lovely little package yesterday...

Photo072.jpg

Driveshaft as mine is getting louder than the exhaust...

Photo074.jpg

Rolla mani!!

Photo073.jpg

And by the end of the day

Photo076.jpg

Will hopefully be able to use the workshop and fit it after work!

Had her on a rolling road on saturday.

Managed 76bhp on the first run and got 77.5 the second run, think the rollers were a bit happy as ive only got an air filter and decat, but, still proves the engines good, and sets a bench mark to see how much a rolla inlet and different exhaust actually does, pics when my mate uploads em!

Post your RR result up on here buddy!

www.s314kba.co.uk/leaderboard

well done on the bhp figure and a lot have people have said you lose power from having a decat on the n/a, hopefully you don't have too much trouble with the throttle cable holder when fitting it, as i did ended up having to have the n/a holder welded to keep the cable in place!

Got the mani fitted

Photo078.jpg

Photo079.jpg

Photo077.jpg

Feels alot more responsive and definately feels a bit quicker

Post your RR result up on here buddy!

www.s314kba.co.uk/leaderboard

I dunno then ill be the lowest power figure!

looking good instead of the usual glanza rep build

Cheers mate! Will look better lower, in satin white and with some bands!

well done on the bhp figure and a lot have people have said you lose power from having a decat on the n/a, hopefully you don't have too much trouble with the throttle cable holder when fitting it, as i did ended up having to have the n/a holder welded to keep the cable in place!

I just cut out a section of two washers and slid em onto the thread then did the bolts up, took longest to adjust the cable!

I did wonder why not many people decat starlets!

The wee N/A is looking smart! Be interesting to see how far you take it mate :D

Also lol at the dilligaf on the pug.

Cheers dude, goes to show you dont need to spend loadsa money to have a nice(ish) looking car!

The throttle cable holder won't fit without an adapter for it. Mine had one on it as I bought it off a lad in our german forum and it was on another starlet previous to mine.

Yeah mine was aparently off a starlet but the adapter was completely wrong so i just made one anyway.

Nice N.A it looks alot better than some peoples Vs

Cheers mate, would rather it look shit and go like an fte though!

All for now!

Cheers man, yeah i still need to service it tbh, next up is a custom back box as mines got a 3 inch hole in it lol

Also need to fiddle with the throttle as it was idling at 2k, throttle seems to stick

Lookin smart mate!the difference with the rolla inlet mani is just shy of 15bhp if the engines got nice fresh oil in it.so that combined with a decat n a 4-2-1 exhaust mani shud c u in the low 90's for bhp

definitely doesnt add that much, be like 5-7 max for the rolla mani

but makes a nice change to the totque curve, thats why it will feel a little bit quicker

definitely doesnt add that much, be like 5-7 max for the rolla mani

but makes a nice change to the totque curve, thats why it will feel a little bit quicker

well explain to me why i have a rolla with the same 4efe engine as in starlets with the uprated mani and the book says engine power is 89bhp bro 8)

Well it feels alot better, probably also because i greased up the throttle bit on the throttle body so its smooth and not stiff now.

Can really feel the difference at 4k+ as it just keeps on pulling whereas before it kinda just dropped off.

Im not really too bothered about the bhp figure, its an n/a, its never gonna be a turbo killer at the end of the day, im just happy it feels better to drive!

@Paul: the Corolla has also a bit different injection and engine management.

@ryan: motion has made more than 117ps and has the rolla mani. I think the rolla mani is enough for a na apart from the acis that is even better. Also I think more torque in the mids is by far better than high power in the top of the rpm.