my new ride, 660cc intercooler jdm kei kar avanzato tr-xx

after around 4 years and 5 starlets i decided it time to try some thing diffrent, didnt want any thing bigger but wanted some thing rare and that i wont see on a weekly basic so after a couple of months of hunting i found what was looking an here she is

DSC_0982.jpg

DSC_0996.jpg

DSC_0991.jpg

DSC_0990.jpg

DSC_0989.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

for thoses of you asking what the fu*k is it its a

daihatsu mira avanzato TR-XX 660cc turbo jap kei car, front wheel drive and sporting a TMIC smaller than most oil coolers and pushing out only 64bhp but only weighing in at some thing like 600kg its got quite a bit of kick to it, as standard but it massivly restricted in the air box,tmic,and exhaust to comply with the jap kei car regulations

it makes my glanza and gt look like monster trucks

its got a few mods like recaro fish nets front seats, and recaro rails

momo steering wheel

hks boost gauge

apexi turbo timer

APD twin pass bov

2" s/s exhaust with some 800cc motor bike exhaust can on the end

proper JDM wind delfectors

i must say driving it i feel like a proper kid again and have never had soem much fun in such a slow car, and it has now become my main toy and sellign both my starlets to get a family car aswell

will get some more pics later to try and show how small it really is

so been busy with teh zato,striped the rear, painted the wheels, fitted new exhaust, pulled out A/C, used a starelt tmic as a big upgrade, starlet front mount air filter kit and painted up a few bits

pulled all this lot out

DSC_1216.jpg

and after its been striped

DSC_1215.jpg

some before and after pics

DSC_1361.jpg

DSC_1364.jpg

old motor bike exhaust and new cherry bomb

DSC_1403.jpg

DSC_1405.jpg

chopped out a bit of rust and patched it up

DSC_1402.jpg

A/C before

DSC_1413.jpg

and after its pulled out

DSC_1416.jpg

pic of the old tiny intercooler next to the newly fitted glanza tmic

DSC_1457.jpg

front mount filter

DSC_1469.jpg

its amazing how similar the zato is to a starlet, they use most the same sencors and things are in the same place as a starlet

next plan is to get hold of a tubey manifold of a non turbo starlet gl and chop out 1 of the runner and weld that in to my inlet manifold flange and use the starlet throttle bodie to give the zato a bit mroe torque and help flow the air through the engine a lot more than standard, plan is to to get as much power out of it beofre cranking up the boost or changing the turbo

didnt cost me just over 1150 and was a bargain, they normaly sell from any from 1800 to 3000 depending on what vertion you get as daihatsu imported 80 for the uk raods and they were 4wheel drive running a 4cylinder engine but mine is the jdm version and is lighter and fwd and running the more tuneable 3cyl 12v engine

there si not enough room a 4e in there but a jb-det out of charade gtti looks like it would fit but i got a spare engine for it with very very low miliage out of a auto sat in garage along wiht a full engine rebuild kit and 1.5mm steel headgasket :D

A JB-DET is out of a turbo copen. Its a CB-70/80 you get out of Charade GTti.

woops yep your rite, still tryingto get my head round all the diffrent small turbo engines, dotn the gttis come with a cb 90??

woops yep your rite, still tryingto get my head round all the diffrent small turbo engines, dotn the gttis come with a cb 90??

No. Uk spec GTti generally have a CB-80, imported GTti's or GTxx come with a CB-70. The CB-90 is a Non turbo 1litre 3 cyl engine with fuel injection.