Daily GT - Grey Mk 2

Hi guys,

After a couple of years I am properly back in a Starlet (the demo car spends 99% of the time doing nothing so she doesn't count), so here's the latest one. I picked her up from Greenock in Scotland so it was over a 500 mile round trip but I don't mind travelling for a good deal! She is nothing special but ideal for a daily.

Details and spec:

1992 Mk 2 in 'Gunmetal' Grey

Imported in 06

197k kms

Engine:

Magnecor El-Sports 8mm HT leads

NGK Iridium spark plugs

Stainless exhaust with Bee*R backbox

JPerformance FMIC

Ported manifold and wastegate, gutted Cat

HKS Actuator set at 0.8 bar

Relocated air filter

Oil catch tank

Interior

OEM Recaro seats

Aftermarket steering wheel

TRD horn button

Turbo timer

Boost gauge

Chassis

15" Wolfrace alloys with

Recent Toyo T1R tyres

Lowering springs

Rear ARB

Rear strut brace

Recent work includes:

Both outer CV joints

Refurbished rear calipers

Front & Rear brake pads

Steering rack gaiters

A few pictures, excuse the dirt!

P1060074.jpg

P1060073.jpg

P1060072.jpg

P1060071.jpg

P1060070.jpg

P1060069.jpg

I've had her a couple of weeks and the first thing to do was an oil service and I replaced the fuel filter while I was at it. (The clocks were showing 197400 just for my records).

P1060079.jpg

A couple more pictures of parts that will be fitted over the weekend including rear discs, rear wheel bearings, rear pads, exhaust bushes, rear gearbox mount, spark plugs. I'll probably change the wheels too as I have a couple of spare sets collecting dust.

P1060080.jpg

P1060081.jpg

I know the mount is dirty but the bush is in good condition and that's what counts! These parts need to be fitted ASAP as the exhaust and engine mounts are fairly noise, combined with worn rear bearings the car isn't the most enjoyable to drive!

Future plans mainly include clocking up the miles and keeping her sweet. Anything more just depends on how long I keep the car. :D

Thanks guys.

Haresign, yes it was for sale on here. It was far from a bargain at the advertised price considering the amount of work it needs though.

Panamonium, I'm a massive fan of the ID-Workz Livesports style splitter kit so if I keep the car long enough then that's the direction it will head in.

Pigeon, that's a massive coincidence considering how rare the colours are, especially the yellow!

Good choice iddy. That exhaust used to be on a gt advance I had few years ago. Centre section is blitz but was in bad shape so was patched up in a few places. I'm sure it will be transformed in no time

Cheers guys.

I had it on a ramp yesterday and did see that the centre section looked quite big, I was told its a Janspeed but wasn't sure on. It's not too loud though and that's the main thing! The backbox was rattley but new bushes had that sorted.

A couple of pictures

BB7AB776-6BDA-4A67-B2B3-5ED5C2C6498E-2968-000001B771CED611.jpg

A8D13F31-D2FD-4024-812B-3EF86B98CA33-2968-000001B779F6FF28.jpg

I had these Volks reps fitted too. They're nothing special but they look better than the Wolfraces IMO.

2DF9999A-13EF-4DC7-B858-065D9A388046-2968-000001B782AEAA6D.jpg

The car drives much better now, no knocking from the engine mount and you can't feel the engine rocking when changing gear! No noise from the back end either. :)