• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not entirely sure when its gona be done, but i'll be sure to ask him when i go on the weekend with my bro Jay's ae111 levin to start the wireing and comparisons. But it will deffinatly be finished by JAE (if it happens :S) :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just found a bit of time to update this a little, i'm getting the car back on Tuesday 18th of March. Looking forward to seeing the difference between the two cars. Hope the handling hasn't changed.. this engine is about 20kg heavier than my last engine, but now my added aircon isn't going on the AG... its England... i dont NEED air con! ... and partly because it won't fit... :)B) lol.

Updates to come when i get it back with a MOT saying 'PASS' B)

i know people say theyre excited on the net and theyre normally talking bollocks, but i am genuinely massively excited to see this completed!!!

i cant wait! i cant imagine how you feel!

Thanks for your comments guys, Really looking forward to getting my car back, need to get it back, MOT it, then change my DVLA stuff, like road tax and details of the car. Hope it doesn't cost too much. B) Anyone know the prcedures i need to go through or what not?

looking good cant wait to see this thing, guna hav to show sum honda boys how we role lol

n/a ftw!!

Haha, Bringin' the SRs back in the game! lol Yer, we need to show 'em that starlets aren't just little granny cars :)

Thats crazy! :D

Big old job tho?

But obviously going to be worth it!

Just noticed your Toyota badges as i was browsing thru

Where u get them from? B)

The Toyota badges were put on by shelly, you can ask her where she got it from, but i think it was some gel writing that the found online.. not 100% sure tho..

Well, got the car back on monday, but i haven't had time to take any pics, i shall do soon. But atm, my engine is a little sratched here and there, so i'll probably be getting the engine sprayed soon or somthing.

The engine drives fine and well. The power is GREAT! Lovin' every second of driving it, lets hope the fun doesn't run out over time :p . Atm tho, i have no rev counter... i have a Pivot tachometer ready to put in, but the two ECU tables i found for the levin both confirmed each other, but also didnt match at half the pins.. I've found out that there are apparently 3-9 different ECUs for the 4AGE B)B):p So..... which one is for me??? B)

Both ECU diagrams ive found online say the tachometer is a Black wire, but counted on my ECU, its a WHITE one! B)

We were worried that if you shove the tachometer in any random pin, it might blow up the ECU, but we've contacted an auto electrician and he says a volt meter isn't strong enough to do any damage, we should just stick it in and find which pin fluctuates in voltage.. We have yet to try it, but lately time is short and outside its always raining when we do have time, and i also hear its going to snow this weekend?

Hmm, well anyways, if you have any comments or suggestions for me to try, feel free to leave a comment.

Thanks again,

T

Hey Tony

Im really happy you finally have the 4AGE sorted.

You don't understand just how awesome that is. Much Kudos.

You will defo get the tacho sorted.

Have also changed your title mate as requested, if you want to jazz it up let me know.

See you on msn soon say lo :p

Joz

Thanks guys, don't think i'm gona make any vids =P but you'll be able to see it at JAE (if it happens), or some other meets. But yer, pics shall be up later..

Thanks Jozman for the request and whatd'ya mean jazz it up? what can i do? :p Disco ball and flashy lights? B)

Yer, hopefully the tacho will be put in soon abd i will have my filters. Atm, i'm running it without any filters, just the horns that were inside the big black box, also saved some weight because that surge tank weighed quite a bit aswell B) I'm tryig to drive it as least as possible to stop it sucking in bad little things like dust and pigeons :p . Must say tho, VERY loud, and at times it seems to be guzzling like a scooby when you step on the gas peddle. Before anyone says nething, i believe its normal for these ITBs or somthing as my bros levin does it (he's got open trumpets with no filters and he doesnt plan on getting any..)

Neways, thanks for your comments and thanks to those who've informed me of such a beautiful engine and for all your support, however, i'm not done yet, in the future i'll try to take this as far as possible, perhaps trying to get it as close as the formula atlantic engine.. hmm, all sounds very nice, but we'll see in the future.