He doesn't miss boost he regrets selling his pride and joy to trisks haha

One word for that life choice ...... Stupid !

Marc I hope to god one day you buy another starlet to play around with your GT was amazing so I'd love to see what you'd do next time around

James

Stupid yes I kills me every time I see it looking exactly the same as I sold it

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

makes no sense what u said if the turbo peak power is between 3 and 5 she will shoke even before vtec kicks in so forget vtec because the air cant escape !!!!!!!

what u want is a turbo kicking in just before vtak an big enough to go past redline ( with intention to raise in the future )

Marc said vtec kicks in at 4800 so 3-5 is about right colin.

My mate had a Honda Civic D16Z Turbo

IMG_2327_zpsulk7v2q8.jpg

IMG_2330_zpsnsgbakv8.jpg

IMG_2332_zps3e8mfvip.jpg

Yeah it's only a 1.6 SOHC engine, but boosted! This thing was SO MUCH MORE FUN than his current civic type R.

I know Marc said the Integra is a different kettle of fish, I went in a DC2 the other day, and I was disappointed with the power delivery. They have always been an all time favourite of mine. I was just lack lustered from it's straight line peformance. Boosted, thost things would be savage. But I get the flip side to that which is why I'd do it to this fugly Civic coupe, but not a teggy.

Anyway, back to my point, even though the VTec wouldn't kick into till 6, the turbo was making full power before then anyway, so what was the point in ragging it to the red line when you would get the fix you need at lower rpms.

This thing shifted. And was an absolute hoot!

I'm not sure I would do this to a Teggy though.

Are you coming to jae? Let me take you for a little spin I promise you won't have any issues with power delivery in mine

I can honestly say the dc2 is 1 of nicest cars I've driven.. mate of mine let me test his..

Everything about it was perfect, comfort, crossover and power was faultless. No expense was spared with the maintenance of his which id imagen your the same, which plays big part in the performnce with them..

Love your car thow mate....

Any in car track videos?

Lewis

No not at all mate I've just run out of things to do to the bloody thing

it's finished mate sounds like you have it just the way you want it time to buy a starlet and start again they are never finished and turn the teg into a dedicated track car Edited by Whitenoize

i will await the return of my mk1 when tris has finished looking after her for me, I will give him a nice amount of dollar for the pleasure and get it on the boat back home lol..... I have kept the number plates. Then I will go 5e and gt30

If you tune it yourself, then why not go ITB and try tuning with alpha-n? It's a bit more challenging to tune, but its the only way to tune ITBs properly. You seem to want something new. My starlet is daily driven 5e(high compression) on yamaha r6 itbs, i have torque everywhere so dd'ing it is easy. Itbs also allow you to run stupid agressive cams without idle cam lope(each cylinder isnt fighting the others for idle air) the only issues ive had are that im running an old ms1 ecu, and that the r6 injectors are maxed out.

You need to stop air passing between the top of the splitter and bottom of your bumper for it to do anything..

Fully understand, I have ordered some gasket to fill the hole there is still a fair bit to do before its right. Stupid bumpers all over the place at the bottom check it

E28F7FAF-E6ED-423B-ABC3-25133CC15EBA_zps

Gotta fill that whole gap yet :(

But she looks great so far, canards next as well as that gap and then onto the rear

F464FE50-E845-437F-A732-A64BD321EDA2_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Had the paint corrected on the bimmer this week, thought I may add this car to the thread as I've done a fair bit to it now

2E0CE1AD-5F3C-42BC-BD8A-D01F288D2C59_zps

Spec so far

Evolve remap and delimited

Carbonaro full carbon intake

Eismann exhaust full system

100cell decats

Yoko advan tyres 265/35/19 rear 235/35/19 front

Stupid expensive front carbon splitter

Lowered 40mm on eibach springs (nice ride and Bmw approved)

Made 362.4bhp at the flywheel at thorney motorsport which is pretty good but still doesn't feel fast

Topped out at 173mph on the sat nav on the autobahn last April and still had more to go as well but I personally shat myself and backed off

6 speed manual

And it even has a fucking TV lol

Will be getting rid soon as I want a v12 Mercedes cl to play with but for now it has to stay.

B49D2999-3BF4-4D6A-85D9-264A3523D672_zps

One of my old photoshops

8DD3166E-2401-41ED-ADF7-5A4FFEC3F15E_zps

Used to love doing these, that's a point where's the pic of the month thread gone?

Still got plenty of my old mk1 I haven't shown anybody

Edited by MARC MOSS