Top Posters In This Topic

Cusco coilovers

Fully rebushed all over

Brakes are standard itr rears grooved and dotted discs with ferodo ds2500 pads

Front brakes are highspec 6pots with 330x30mm floating rotors and ferodo ds2500

Cusco master cylinder stopper and 1" master cylinder

Wheels volk racing te16 16x7

Tyres 205/45/16 Yokohama advan ad08r

Chassis wise it has a standard itr front strut brace, tanabe rear strut brace, full R-motion cage, cusco c pillar brace.

Interior wise standard itr recaros in black 2 x sabelt fia approved 3" harnesses 280mm raid steering wheel buddyclub short shift kit and circuit hero gearshift extender. It's fully stripped in the rear and painted ford Mercury grey as well. Autoguage oil temp and pressure gauges as well as an apexi neo thing as well lol

Management is in the form of a socketed p28 running Neptune software vtec was set to 4900 rpm when mapped and launch control engages at 4000rpm

Engine is a rebuilt jdm b18c

Skunk2 inlet manifold

Skunk2 throttle body

Aem fuel rail

Aem fuel pressure regulator

Walbro 255 fuel pump

Mugen 4-1 manifold

5 zigen fireball full exhaust system

Resonated decat

Top fuel induction kit

J's racing torque damper

Gearbox is standard with a cusco diff

Power wise it only made 196.4bhp and 148lbft of torque but it's perfect for track use and goes well

Body wise

It has airwalker Japan bumpers

Cwest skirts

Mugen gen2

J's racing bonnet

There is probably more but I can't remembe at the moment lol

thought I'd get this out and give it a was today, I literally just don't use it unless the Suns out lol it just sits dirty on the drive, I've even had people knock and ask if it's for sale as it's not moved in months

1F9453A5-D9BB-42F0-92DC-F6548ED31D83_zps

0F031801-8908-4FA2-A1F6-91B60E1E34D1_zps

EABF3960-8F4B-4731-8305-B78EF1BB9D6F_zps

Those itb's gotta go blow out the cobwebs

Why don't you stick some aggressive cams in it. Port n gas flow the head re seat the valves harder valve springs. Thinner head gasket then map it? Maybe see if you can over size the valves? N/a screamer time

Lovely car though man.

Why don't you stick some aggressive cams in it. Port n gas flow the head re seat the valves harder valve springs. Thinner head gasket then map it? Maybe see if you can over size the valves? N/a screamer time ��

Lovely car though man.

Heads already been flowed and ported mate I have thought about a more aggressive cam profile and springs, just need to look into what gains I would get first

Been there done that Colin, it was super fast and scary but it also took the life from it if you get me, I love going to the track with my 1.8 na and chasing down much faster cars, I proved that point chasing down and overtaking my mate sam's supercharged dc5 at castle Combe.

I like the fact that it's not got a massive turbo build that's what makes it great

ik know exactly what you mean , drivability will plumit big time

you probly loose vtec if you swap cams , friend of mine has toda vtec cams ( 305 ) it hasnt bwaaaptec anymore it just revs like normal but gose to 11k ha ha sounds like v8 on tick over ( very bad tick over )

Honda's are great. But you just have to scream them for the power, whatever power there is that is....

I love Honda's, and I love the idea of vtec. But I was with my mates the other week. Battering my car down some roads, they simply couldn't believe that 1. I was pulling away, and 2. How in the straights I kept up with them both modified. By starlet is fairly standard, FMIC, Forged engine, Stock CT9 1bar, that's it. And it's seen a fair share of battering so I'd say less than the 133bhp it left the factory with.

How does a 1989 1.3 keep up with two modded K20's...simple, I have boost.

The DC2 would be insane amounts of fun boosted.

_20150719_221905_zps8uaoc86z.jpg

Marc who says you have to go stupidly big. If anything vtec engines suffer enough from low down, mid range power. Power is made in the Vtec at 6500. So really it wants a fast spooling up turbo making peak power at 3-5K and vtec to the red line.

I'm sure you could get an EBC to just seriously wack the boost up in the vtec.

I reckon it would be insane.

But I also appreciate where you're coming from. Actually, thinking about it, I totally get where you're coming from.

Leave it N/A actually lol. All that for nothing, not going to delete it though.

Honda's are great. But you just have to scream them for the power, whatever power there is that is....

I love Honda's, and I love the idea of vtec. But I was with my mates the other week. Battering my car down some roads, they simply couldn't believe that 1. I was pulling away, and 2. How in the straights I kept up with them both modified. By starlet is fairly standard, FMIC, Forged engine, Stock CT9 1bar, that's it. And it's seen a fair share of battering so I'd say less than the 133bhp it left the factory with.

Marc who says you have to go stupidly big. If anything vtec engines suffer enough from low down, mid range power. Power is made in the Vtec at 6500. So really it wants a fast spooling up turbo making peak power at 3-5K and vtec to the red line.

But I also appreciate where you're coming from. Actually, thinking about it, I totally get where you're coming from.

Interesting read and point taken, I find civic type r's actually disappointing to be honest I can simply out accelerate them quite easily in my current tune. My vtec engages at 4800rpm inlike the civics and I'm a shitload lighter as well.

It's even funnier when you find them on track and they won't get out of the bloody way thinking they are faster than you lol then the blue flags start waving for them to get out of the way.

Having owned my Mk1 gt with a tongs get spec fitted and the boost at 1.0bar I know where you are at with the whole keeping up easily bit but I like the fact that when I am on a track horsepower means nothing over a good suspension/brake/tyre setup and I've proven that 10 times over.

My mates k20 supercharged dc5 was a fine example, on the road he's always the one steaming off ahead with ease but I always said I couldn't wait to get on track with him and we destroyed him lol I will re add the links as it was a proud moment

Lap one

http://youtu.be/9Qre_Y7Qh7M

Lap two

http://youtu.be/MAalsY2TTsc

Lap three

http://youtu.be/kmMq9NVQ-2U

He wasn't happy lol

Haha,I was there watching you Marc :D I think the civic is fantastic as its more a road going car over the integra, correct me if I'm wrong, so that would explain why the integra is a completely different kettle of fish. To be honest, I got part way through and actually felt an N/A integra losing on a track is better than a boosted teggie winning.

makes no sense what u said if the turbo peak power is between 3 and 5 she will shoke even before vtec kicks in so forget vtec because the air cant escape !!!!!!!

what u want is a turbo kicking in just before vtak an big enough to go past redline ( with intention to raise in the future )

I was never a Honda fanboy I just bought it to see what all the fuss was about and now I can't get enough, the theory with vtec is thinking a gear lower than every other car lol, it's weird that if you are at 50 in fourth and need to accelerate fast just bang it in 2nd and it loves it lol

Yeah, do you not miss boost at all? I feel like id miss it, even the little ct9 haha

He doesn't miss boost he regrets selling his pride and joy to trisks haha

One word for that life choice ...... Stupid !

Marc I hope to god one day you buy another starlet to play around with your GT was amazing so I'd love to see what you'd do next time around

James

Yeah, do you not miss boost at all? I feel like id miss it, even the little ct9 haha

I've had about 9 turbo cars since I started driving dude of course I miss it that's why my diesel work van has 196bhp and 324lbft torque lol i have to have a little boost in my life but it's not always required to win races, that's what Honda has taught me