Caribbean 5E... OKI ONE LAST REBUILD i hope

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good man collecting some nice parts!

u know how we do zoe lol... collect large piles of parts... leave pile to get huge... put all on at the same time ... car becomes a whole new car instantaneously...

Edited by rasslenny
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

not a major update and its a little bit ricey cuz its not for the actual car but i have always found the foot wells way to dark so i decided to fix that along with my light on the ceiling

we put led strips under dash so when u open the car doors u can see in the foot wells as well as in the ceiling light

they are not as bright as they look in the picture it just looks it because my phone is complete rubbish

u cant actually see the led strips on the dash when in the car so it doesnt look tacky

we also put a switch on them so u can turn them on if you like with the doors closed

IMG_20140114_2248391_zps373fd7e1.jpg

Edited by rasslenny

any one know anything bout the go fast bits (GFB) blow off valves....

i was driving down the freeway yesterday when ... "pop slap kapow bang!!!!" came from inside my engine bay and i freaked out

pulled to the side to find the spring for the blow off valve tucked away to the side of the bay the top screw on half of the valve dangling by the hose conecting it to the intake manifold and the piston from inside it no where to be found.... so somewhere on the free where i drove is the inside of my BOV o well....time for a new one

have any of you guys ventured into the GFB products ... the tial blow off is to big and the hks sounds like a canary ....

we have a GFB dealer down here thats a good friend of mine and ill get it at cost but i dont wana buy it and they are rubbish

I know the australians rave about them but i figure thats only because its an australian part

Edited by rasslenny

they are not big on our cars but i know they are huge in the subaru and evos world... the company makes them built as direct swaps for newer cars and i think thats where they are getting into the market.... in other words take stock one off and slap that one directly onto the old flange....

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw2GXtz3n0E

they do how ever make universal ones so im contemplating it... if not what would you guys recommend... i hate the hks squeeeking canary and tial ones are massive

they are not big on our cars but i know they are huge in the subaru and evos world... the company makes them built as direct swaps for newer cars and i think thats where they are getting into the market.... in other words take stock one off and slap that one directly onto the old flange....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw2GXtz3n0E

they do how ever make universal ones so im contemplating it... if not what would you guys recommend... i hate the hks squeeeking canary and tial ones are massive

I have a Greddy Type S that i would part with dude :)

cant be bothered to buy from some one on here unless it was major cheap ... cuz ill have to ship it down to trinidad and that takes up to 2 weeks and as is im trucking around with no boost... cant wait that long again unless the deal was way to good to be true... i really just wana know what you guys are running

• 3 weeks later...

its not a good picture but got me some time and wrapped the roof of the car in carbon fiber wrap... it is frowned upon but my roof was paint deprived so i did it any way cant afford a respray at the moment

will take a better pic when i leave the office for lunch....

05299A4C-D11A-444A-96D8-558DE9C2E38A_zps

Please put a washer in your oil pressure relieve valve.. It increases oil pressure and should help stop your 5e spinning bearings.. I cringed reading your thread! It would break my heart to spend all that money repeatedly!

Project looks awesome though and fair play for sticking to it!

Please put a washer in your oil pressure relieve valve.. It increases oil pressure and should help stop your 5e spinning bearings.. I cringed reading your thread! It would break my heart to spend all that money repeatedly!

Project looks awesome though and fair play for sticking to it!

u just made me call the mechanic as i saw this and hes like old news budy weve already done this .... good looking out though lol

So this Saturday was productive I decided to change my outer steering ends as they were bad and did the wheel bearings as well

Brand spanky new up rated 555 outer steering ends

2245B1D8-2F6E-4EFC-8A67-4CD3B1A1F4A9_zps

49D8B450-0D80-4992-B7E7-F93653E7C4A7_zps

After I was Ina working kinda mood and changed a bunch of the hoses in the engine bay hid some wires and gave the engine a proper cleaning with degreaser and sprayed him down with wd40 for the likkle extra umph of shine ...

2D87B1A9-1E82-417C-A649-640B4F6A05F7_zps

Edited by rasslenny
  • 4 months later...

my absolute most favorite bit of money i have ever spent just came in the mail....

lets just say I love taking a previous upgrade to a whole new level

photo_zps1400887e.jpg

Edited by rasslenny