Keirz's Glanza V A.k.a Steve-v

thanks again mike, much apreciated and im sure they will be a big improvement

the car made 196bhp @ 1 bar

every one was claiming the dyno was under reading on the day so on a different dyno, 1.1 bar and the better filter it will be comfortably over 200bhp. which was the intended target power.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

took these at work the other day, i was the first one to make it through the extreme conditions to reach my work, fuck knows how as it was a hard task with the orc309 clutch! felt like i had concured everest

Photo048.jpg

Photo046.jpg

also the new suspension is on, i like it, cant really test them out as its not really the weather for it. sits a bit higher at the back that the front. which is good as it appeares to have helped with tracktion.

yeah thats true, the thing is i live the closest to work out of everyone there so if i dont make it in and someone else did it would look very bad on me. i liked the challenge!

would love to take the glanza off the road in the winter as its crap in this sort of weather, struggle to get grip in the dry so in wet, icy conditions i have no chance. but its my only car so i dont have a choice.

• 4 weeks later...

got myself a new seat, its a border carbon fiber jobby. also got an omp harness. just need my border seat side mounts to arrive and then i will fit it. got it brand new for a stupidly good price.

DSCF1987.jpg

DSCF1989.jpg

cant wait to get it in now, been modifiying my standard subframes today and it all ready to go in when the side mounts come

Awesome work mate - looking very nice indeed, knew you would make a nice job of it! Stickers look wicked. Let me know when its in and when your free in the week and lets do that photoshoot. Dont even care if my car aint clean just want some good shots now. Can get Liam and Jay down also.

Mike

definatly my favourite project, so perfect to me, i especially like the small attention to detail like setting the cooler slightly to the left and the silver apexi filter, look forward to seeing the seat fitted too.

thanks boys, im really liking the seat, still not fitted as the border side mounts havnt arrived yet. ive disconected the feet from the old subframes, linished them down, sand blasted and polished them. just need to bolt these up to the mounts when they arrive and its ready to roll.

the old springs i sold to a member on here im afraid.

@mike. definately will do the shoot mate, should get some good shots. will keep you informed. taking them feet off wasnt to bad mate when you have the right tools. did you have to drill any additional holes in them or the side mounts? im gonna drill the original holes out bigger to allow for bigger bolts to be used.

• 1 month later...

right not put anything up in a while so thought i would update to let you know its still alive

here are the custom mounts i made for the seat

DSCF2148.jpg

DSCF2150.jpg

a bit of paint

DSCF2152.jpg

and in its place

DSCF2163.jpg

DSCF2054.jpg

also liam had this lying around in the garage as he is stuggling making it fit with his n/a seatbelts. i stole it, drilled a few extra holes and in it went to keep it safe!

ultra racing floor bar

DSCF2161.jpg

also brought this from mike @ monster motorsport (parts legend) i wont ever do buisness with any other trader unless i really have too!

whitline 22mm front arb with all droplinks and bushes

DSCF2167.jpg

DSCF2168.jpg

thats going on tommorow so will report back my findings.

sweet, some more progress!!!!

seat looks great dude, and those mounts, i cant believe u made them urself! top work there dude!!

good steal on the floor bar, Joz and I drilled extra holes in ours to get them to fit so thats the best way to do it, nice one!

and good choice on the front ARB, let us knnow wot u think please dude as i fancy one myself!

Phil.

just updated the spec list, here goes........

suspension

g reddy rear brace

zep racing c pillar bar

front brace

ultra racing floor brace

RSR springs

KYB SR specials

whiteline adjustable rear arb

Whiteline 22 mm front arb, with poly droplinks

whitline anti-lift / castor kit

15 " rota grids currently wrapped F1s

Braking

3g 20 groove disks

mintex 1144 pads

front and rear braided lines

cusco bmcs

Engine

hks actuator

zep racing decat

full blitz nur spec 2.5 exhaust system

Zisco mild steel mani

Apexi chrome edition filter

monstor motorsport air filter relocation kit

Magnicore 8.5mm ignition leads

ngk spark plugs

unknown bov

hdi fmic

oil catch tank

one off hybrid ct12b/ct20/ct9 made by myself

radiator cooling panal

Zisco mild steel mani

trd 1.3 bar rad cap

Silkroad engine torque damper

Powerflex upgraded engine mounts

aircon removed

Drivetrain

ogura racing orc309ds clutch

ogura racing lightend flywheel

TC short shifter

Electrics

jam racing ecu

digital boost guage

g-tech performance meter

hks turbo timer

other

Border carbon fibre seat

OMP 4 point harness

Carbon style dial surrond

Carbon fiber reverse scoop

For standard on the outside, thats a big spec list :thumbsup:

Liking the arb :thumbsup:

i think the best mods are the ones that go unseen! i really like the outside as standard so i dont see how it can be improved. it already has the front and rear lips so theres not much else to do.

rob you can come give it a drive any time you like mate

the other hybrid is always a possibility, i have a really good plan and all the parts to execute it. it uses the same exhaust end but a reworked compressor end. just need to design a bracket to mount the actuator as it doesnt use a ct9 compressor cover.

as for the flywheel its hard to say. not really noticable and due to the clutch being heavier than stock i doubt the weight saving is noticable. i find the revs drop quite a lot quicker when changing gear so you have to be a bit faster other wise it judders. but thats about all i noticed

• 2 weeks later...