the lamba sensor detects the amount of oxygen in the exhaust which tells the ecu which the decides whether to put more fuel in more air into the cylinders or more of both .

if this s giving a wrong reading the ecu will be putting the wrong amounts of fuel and air into the cylinders causing bad idling and unable to stay running when cold.

the perfect fuel to air mixture is 14.7 : 1

if your is doing 5 : 1 it will not run right as there is far far too much fuel in the cylinders

my friends car had this problem it took us hours and we swapped loads and it turn out to be a dodgey lamba sensor

kurt

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the dyno may not have picked it up mate if your car was warm when you took it in.

if it all stops when the car is at running temp i think it would be the lamba sensor

as most of the time they play up when cold

hope you get it sorted dude

kurt

liam if your going to get a lamber sensor get a universal toyata 1 offebay there like £13 instead of silly money....... but i cant see it been lamber sensor as when i had my na i completly snapped the wires on my lamber sensor so it wasnt connected and i never had any problem...

Dean

Did you try the lamda sensor mate? I had the same problem with my 1.7 fiesta after fitting a new manifold and it turned out to be the lamda... Just unplug it and see if that helps...

On top of that I have pretty much the same thing in my run around corsa at the minute and I've read up that it'll be the thermostat... tried that?

If its an air leak it'd do it all the time, not just when cold... It's got to be a sensor that reads the tempature or fuel air mixture if it stops when it's warm... I'd change the lamda and the stat...

Havent even lifted the bonnet mate, just drove it and abused it. Havent even cleaned it for 2 weeks which as you know is bad for me.

Just cant be arsed with it anymore.

its what N/A`s are for!! mines under some snow out there somewhere > :lol:

fte the thing! you know it makes sense :lol:

Thats what i really want to do but no money means it wont happen anytime soon!

Shame shes such a bitch to you mate :( especially they way you treat her, like a typical female tbh ;)

IF it does go make sure she goes to a good home where she will be FTE'd :(

lol, it will go to a good home mate, wouldnt sell it to someone that wouldnt look after it i couldnt. Would hate to see it written off or something.

Have u tried changing your Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor, also do a diagnostic check on the car

your car doesn't have an ICV does it? If so

ICV clean up

No mate havent tried that, got that many things to try im forgetting half of them. Its had a new ICV mate got done at Toyota

agreed on the diagnostics check.

mate, ship her over to me and Jay, we'll send it back fixed, i promise. and i dont mean with an FTE. we'll firgure it out, and fix it.

send it.

Phil.

Mate if that was even a possibility i would do it. Jay would be the man to fix it without a doubt. Road trip to N.I ?? lol.

The amount you have spent on this thing, it would be noway near worth it getting rid of the thing for pennies, you will seriously regret it when its gone. stick at it

Yeah i know, but theres no way i would get what i want for it as it is because no one in the right mind would buy it running like it is. To be honest i dont think i would miss it much at the minute.

its what N/A`s are for!! mines under some snow out there somewhere > :p

Yeah mate i know, would be nice if it ran right though!

Liam bro, in all seriousness hold out a bit longer.

You will 100% regret it for one moments madness.

She CAN be and WILL be fixed.

Keep the faith!

Joz

Im holding out until January mate, unless it gets fixed.

To be honest i dont think its as easy as just fixing it, its something very complicated causing it.

I love Starlets but mines just a Prick!!