Noobie and a promise to a friend

Hey all

Joining today after seeing one of the members randomly asking about a rear seat!

Name is Himesh and I'm usually a Vauxhall guy (boo me if you want :)), have a VXR Astra (on the right).

5q1d.jpg

Last year one of my really good friends Yogesh unfortunately lost his battle with leukaemia and I made a promise to him to finish his car as he never got a chance to! He has so many parts in his room and I haven't brought myself to go into his room yet but to see what he got but I'm guessing it's some good stuff and a TD04. He didn't stop buying parts when he was in hospital as he always thought he was going to pull through. Saw his dad again today and he wants to spray it purple as that was his favourite colour. Will persuade him to get a bare shell respray so might as well hold off the mods until that is done!

Car still needs to be transferred into his dad's name and a fresh MOT too as it's SORN at the minute.

Not sure what else to write really but I'll keep posted on what's happening.

Yogesh's progress blog - http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/45237-yogis-glanza/

Get a build thread up or update his dude can't wait to see some progress on this it's interesting.

Im sure you'll have no troubles anyways, I take it your good with a spanner or two owning a vauxhaul. :p (had to be said haha)

You have a forum FULL of support here!

Wow what a great thing your doing here full respect to you mate it's a really nice thing to do

We've got a brilliant forum full of really knowledgeable people here so any help you need feel free to ask and we will help you out all we can

Welcome to the family mate :D

Fantastic, just reading Yogis build thread and knowing he isnt around anymore really makes you think.

lifes short for many, long for some, but either way there is an opportunity for something worthwhile to be done.

good to hear your coming alongside your mates dreams to make them happen. hope you get all the parts/support yous need throughout the project.

would be nice for you to update the original build thread as you go, would be a fitting tribute.

Phil

welcome to UKSO and a huge amount of respect to you sir. what an excellent tribute to your friend!

please keep us updated as you go with the project! and if you need anything, just throw up a post and I'm sure the UKSO masses will be more than willing to help where they can!

Phil.

Welcome along buddy, A freind of mine actually lost his battle to leukemia around 14months ago now after an 18year battle he showed so much determination right through till the end which was one of the most encouraging things I've ever seen even helped me to push on with a broken back !

I have the up most respect for you in taking on such a task and would be amazing for you to finish this as a promise !

Any advice needed don't hesitate to get in touch..