easy bruvs.. laptop recommendation £400 for everyday work use?

Only laptops I really rate are MacBooks, I just got an mbp £400 500gb hd and 8gb ram, tahts maxed out now got it from an apple technician boxed with that spec, no real worries with virus's doesn't have all the issues of most laptops.

If you want windows look at alienware

Only laptops I really rate are MacBooks, I just got an mbp £400 500gb hd and 8gb ram, tahts maxed out now got it from an apple technician boxed with that spec, no real worries with virus's doesn't have all the issues of most laptops.

Il buy it off you and break it

Avoid DELL, like the plague... See more faulty ones at work then any other brand...

Asus, Acer, Toshiba

In That Order...

If you cant afford an Apple Product that is...

If you do go Apple tho, put windows on it...

Regarding windows on a Mac, would that be a Remote Desktop? I've not had much experience of it tbh (windows experience on mac I mean) Edited by Addymk2

Asus, Acer, Toshiba

I have an acer took out insurance and i havent had to claim once which bugs me as i have had it for 4 years lol just brought another one !

Asus, Acer, Toshiba

I have an acer took out insurance and i havent had to claim once which bugs me as i have had it for 4 years lol just brought another one ! Edited by StarletSr?

not going to find a decent Alienware for £400 plus as there now made by dell there just overpriced crap in a pretty case with lights

Mac performance running windows it is good actually i have it on my mac running it through bootcamp

Might look into this, only thing that put me off Macs previously was there incompatibility with my work software, cheers bud!

Try Ebuyer mate. They sell at decent prices for laptops.

Youd also be surprised I recently bought a new laptop and shopped about as my budget was staying low about £300 and I found the clearance laptops in Currys were the best value for money.

I got an Acer Aspire cant remeber model but it has an Intel I5 3550 (which is almost impossible to achive in this budget) It has 8gb ram and 1tb hdd. Also an Nvidia graphics card. Nothing impressive but still an improvement on the Intel 1.

I paid 300 as it was a display model but it was immaculate and had no battery. Now as currys are a bit of a riot I asked if the had a box for it as I didnt want to carry it out the store like a pikey. So when they fetched the box (which was the wrong 1) a battery was in it. Jackpot.

So I got a £450+ laptop for £300 and it had absolutely nothing wrong with it. Worth a look.

Acer, Samsung and Toshiba are all good brands, although you generally pay a bit more with Toshiba

Had a lot of reliability issues with cheap Dell machines, and avoid Sony. Way over priced and probably even more unreliable than Dell.