Steve1093's White '99 TD04 Glanza - 234.8bhp *SOLD* :(

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just need to get it booked in for mapping now..

You go top mount? I'm still trying to decide what to go for

Yeah buddy, went for the top mount ram style manifold kit.. just think it looks better in the bay, thats the only reason I went top mount to be honest..

Too many choices, all look great to be honest. Will look forward to seeing this fitted mate. Did you go billet?

Yeah true, and yeah I can't wait haha :) Went for the WEPR hybrid TD04, think they may have released a new billet one after I bought my kit, not too sure...

Mate to say I am jealous of all ure shiney parts is an understatement.

That turbo kits amazing, I love ure roll cage and as for those seats--they should be kept in a glass cabinet away from any impurities as they are special !!

Love this build. What sorta power u aiming for ?

Mate to say I am jealous of all ure shiney parts is an understatement.

That turbo kits amazing, I love ure roll cage and as for those seats--they should be kept in a glass cabinet away from any impurities as they are special !!

Love this build. What sorta power u aiming for ?

Haha cheers mate, those words mean a lot :) going to run it at about 230ish for a while, planning to forge it next year sometime, then want to break the 300 mark :)

So for the first time in 2 months, she is all back together and on the road :)

20140726_135402_zpsqqq0hc06.jpg

Also got the headlights restored after about a year moaning about them.. Right side before, left side after :) Not too bad at all..

20140726_120442_zpsk1q81jzy.jpg

nice build mate! a small heads up for the mani and turbo though, i have the exact same kit in my car and found that the old actuator brackets on the td04 comp housing hit underneath the bonnet when its shut. Not a massive problem but it meant i had to cut the brackets off the housing. hope this saves u a bit of hassle mate.

nice build mate! a small heads up for the mani and turbo though, i have the exact same kit in my car and found that the old actuator brackets on the td04 comp housing hit underneath the bonnet when its shut. Not a massive problem but it meant i had to cut the brackets off the housing. hope this saves u a bit of hassle mate.

Oh right, cheers buddy I'll keep an eye out for that

• 2 months later...

Not a lot of progress lately, mainly due to me breaking my hand and having it pinned and wired back together..

I just need to get parts fitted so it's all ready for mapping. Managed to get a mate to sort a few bits out and fit my 255 fuel pump, so things are getting there.. just very slowly...

Seeing though I can't actually do any work on the car means I'm just sat looking at new parts to buy.. so I had a few things turn up :)

- Race-spec rocker cover

- Catch can

- TRD carbon dial surround

- EPR rear tow hook

Quality work by Dean @ RW-Developments again with the race spec rocker and catch can. Just need to get the rocker all polished up now :)

20141004_115456_zpsolrmtp4z.jpg

20141004_115655_zpspj8bcdqq.jpg

20141004_115724_zpsapqmkuhm.jpg

some nice parts ready for this :) i have the same turbo kit and just so you know my turbo touches the bonnet so dont try slam it like i did when it dont close :/ lol

hey ryan,

with this kit you need to shave down the bolt hole housing on the compressor housing. when you rotate the turbo housing down..the bolt hole housing sticks right out from the top. you need to trim it down mate. then you have enough clearance. hope this helps.

hey ryan,

with this kit you need to shave down the bolt hole housing on the compressor housing. when you rotate the turbo housing down..the bolt hole housing sticks right out from the top. you need to trim it down mate. then you have enough clearance. hope this helps.

cheers sacha, that's no problem :)

Sucks about your hand buddy

But your car is the nuts :D

Seriously nice

Cheers buddy, means so much :)

• 4 weeks later...

I know the progress with this is very slow, but is probably going to be even slower when I pick up the new daily...

So after the near 600 mile round trip, and 12 hours of driving the Starlet up to and back from Middlesbrough, I have now purchased this :)

20141030_105152_zpsopbotrti.jpg

20141030_105127_zpsxhfzprfk.jpg

20141030_105115_zpsq8bugje7.jpg

20141030_105142_zpsdlgot17m.jpg

nissan-skyline-r32-S1458934-6_zpsgzv7lji

39466A85-B775-4E67-BBF6-6E7F3199B054-688

A1F6F158-5C44-42DE-A89C-D0DD5483045B-688

Will probably get a progress blog up for this soon

Jesus that's lovely!

Cheers Liam, couldn't really say no to it in that condition :)

That is beautiful

You have to show me this

Haha cheers buddy, should hopefully be out soon.

Glanza and a Skyline, not bad at the age of 20 haha :)

• 1 month later...

First update in a fair while.. Spent all evening fitting my polished rocker cover and catch can in the dark and the cold.. not fun at all..

20141207_164751_zpshfdzipzg.jpg

20141207_180122_zps0m6wnvhk.jpg

20141207_180824_zpsltah9txi.jpg

Only issue being, now I have the race spec rocker on I can't fit the top mount intercooler. And I can't fit the front mount I have as that is for the TD04 that I haven't got fitted.

So I either change it all back, or leave it and not use it until I have the money to get it mapped with the TD04... So pretty much a wasted evening, which just involved a lot of swearing and pain!