Keep an eye on the oil consumption too. Some have been known to use half a litre every 500 miles. The worst thing about it is VAG are very reluctant to replace the engines. Over on the skoda forum its a very disliked engine/gearbox combo. Problems with excessive oil usage, clutch packs going faulty very early etc.

Day

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love all these ahh the engine is shit oh the box is shit...

Did your uncles brothers mates fathers mams gold fish tell you that....

Ahh there slow as shit.. Have you even driven one ? Ah no me mates dads superman told me

Same with parts for starlets it's like ahh there shit them parts a wouldn't dare.. Have you used it your self before?? Ahh naaar me mates mates got it and said it's shot

LOL

I haven't heard the boxs failing or engines on the seat ibiza forums I am on lol...

But cheers yes I heard they CAN drink oil....

Cheers chaps some updates soon yey...

All I can say is the technology is fantastic along with speed.. Even my mate who's has a mr2 turbo said he loved the car last night and gave it the clear haha

Edited by iamlegend

I wouldn't worry about the exhaust, save your money for when the g'box goes :)

Did you hear this of your dads dads dads half brother??

You drove one before or owned or dealt with one your self??

Let me guess .... My mates mates??

Love all these ahh the engine is shit oh the box is shit...

Did your uncles brothers mates fathers mams gold fish tell you that....

Ahh there slow as shit.. Have you even driven one ? Ah no me mates dads superman told me

Same with parts for starlets it's like ahh there shit them parts a wouldn't dare.. Have you used it your self before?? Ahh naaar me mates mates got it and said it's shot

LOL

I haven't heard the boxs failing or engines on the seat ibiza forums I am on lol...

But cheers yes I heard they CAN drink oil....

Cheers chaps some updates soon yey...

All I can say is the technology is fantastic along with speed.. Even my mate who's has a mr2 turbo said he loved the car last night and gave it the clear haha

LOL, would you like me to pick your dummy up?

Day

Looks awesome! Theres a modded one that goes about here, looks really good with just a lowering and some nice wheels.

Find it funny how everyone just wants to make out they're shit and everythings just gonna break on it though....

Watch out for your gearbox. My mate, a mechanic, got his in his Bora crushed while just normally driving to work. At lunch as he wanted to bring the car in to check he noticed the exhaust fell off while standing there.

God I hate VW, one of the biggest job bringers in my area (Niedersachsen near Emden, one of the big factories) but the tuners around here are simply assholes mostly, most don't respect other makes of cars.

The 7 speed dsg gear boxes very rarely if ever go wrong so not sure what all this gear box troubles are, a lot of older manual gearboxes went and early dsg/auto had the mechatronics fail but not on these, the super chargers use to fail on early twin charged engines again not on this one the only thing they do is burn oil my polo gti was doin around 1.5 litre every 2 or 3 weeks, but don't worry vag are aware of this and are sorting it, they are very responsive engines and pull like mad

The 7 speed dsg gear boxes very rarely if ever go wrong so not sure what all this gear box troubles are, a lot of older manual gearboxes went and early dsg/auto had the mechatronics fail but not on these, the super chargers use to fail on early twin charged engines again not on this one the only thing they do is burn oil my polo gti was doin around 1.5 litre every 2 or 3 weeks, but don't worry vag are aware of this and are sorting it, they are very responsive engines and pull like mad

finally some one who actually owned one and speaks his words lol..... very impressed tbh like you say they do pull like mad :) just keeps on going had a play with a bmw m3 and one of them sciroccos... couldnt leave me :p

yep this has been back to seat and had head re done(which i didnt kno till now) as it was drinking oil but now its bang on...oils fresh and same level

fitted some team heko wind deflectors/new fresh number plates/ LEDs rear number plate

just little touches for now......

photo77_zpscba078cd.jpg

photo76_zps3dcaffcb.jpg

photo75_zps7482eca9.jpg

People who ain't had one don't know they just see dsg or what ever seat code for there box is and think they go wrong like the old vws, the dsg in these is very reliable but only let down is they don't have launch controll like the 6 speed does, i use to love hammering my twin charge because there was no lag and the exhaust note from full throttle when changing gear is awesome and even in 7th they pull like a train

This was my polo

CC555FCB-ADCC-4262-80C0-B24064FB2137-517

Edited by Glanza-Ben

Just need to keep them well serviced and it will be ok. The tsb from vw about the oil feed pipe might be totally differnt and modifyed on the seat's, the clutches wear out on the dsg boxes and they feel a bit jurkey when the oils not been changed. I see loads in with 130k + on and they have never had the gear oil changed lol

Drive it and enjoy it. And if shit happens it happens haha

• 3 weeks later...

cheeeeers lads!!!

not much to update really just enjoying driving the car replaced all oem bulbs with LEDs thow looks much better!

wanted to see how good the fuel was on this thing so did a little tester when been on a few road trips this week switched the trip miles on to cover how many miles I have done! ...so covered 534 miles from speeds to 60 to 70+mph with a grand total of £60 worth of super unleaded fuel! think that is pretty sweet tbh!

some random pics of the last couple weeks/days...

she was MANKY!

photo83_zpse3a84d15.jpg

photo85_zps9584aab8.jpg

photo81_zps6ea354fe.jpg

photo84_zps4e849fb3.jpg

photo32_zpsba12cde3.jpg

photo12_zps500248bd.jpg

photo41_zpse34c5ee5.jpg

ADD 50 miles to that

photo51_zps4e120ca0.jpg

photo82_zpscf0e3dc7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have you got a auto license? You never answered and am curious???

Very very nice car. Keep it oem looking and just fit a miltek and lower it slightly then it will look beaut and sound crazy popping and banging haha

Niceee

cheers dudes!

well the time has begun! been very hard not buying mods but I have give up and here we goooooooooooooooooo..... hehe

well awesome GTI where having a mental sale on this week so I had to purchase a milltek cat back and pipercross panel filter for a steal...

cant actually wait to get this on :)

photo42_zps6316c8ef.jpg

photo33_zps28c50fcb.jpgphoto53_zps022d732b.jpg

photo23_zpsf56010f3.jpg

photo14_zpsd03c779d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

cheers lads well yes she will pop and bang mental soon as she is getting full milltek decat and sports cat system with a stage 2 map on her ! LOL I just cant help my self tbh!! should see around 215bhp and mental torque!! the cat back milltek sounds nice but need louder tbh....

had to get one of these stickers to show my love! these where my youth hooood ! rip

photo89_zps05c08904.jpg

photo90_zpsf1a0ee4e.jpg

Edited by iamlegend

will do dude yes the milltek system is made so well as well!!

LOVE this car!

got the OEM centre exhaust trim out and the tips poking out alot more :)

also got this forge dumpvalve for a steal as revolution247 where having a total bargain day so had to be snapped! will also be ideal for when I get mapped!

photo15_zps92603c3b.jpg

photo25_zps24b38934.jpg

photo34_zps3d641218.jpg

Edited by iamlegend