• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of new updates

-Reflet rear lights

-Rear lip

-H&R Spacers

-Wheels are off to be powder coated (satin black)

-Whilst the wheels are off the car I'll look at lowering the rear

- Excessive movement on the driveshaft so I took the wheel off yo have a look and the bearing literally fell apart so I've got a new one and will be doing that this weekend..

Only the one picture as that's all that I have changed :)

AAA36DC8-63AF-45E9-A8EA-8FB4ED90C839.jpg

Okay so..

I've had a bit of a knocking noise down by the drivers side and the driveshaft had a little more play than it should. Decided I would look at replacing the CV joint so I had the wheel off and so on to check whe splines for the CV.. Well, as I removed the Hub, the bearing literally fell apart in my hand.

Ordered a new one from TD which arrived next morning (thanks again) and went to replace the old one. Removed it and it appears that the bearing had been getting that hot that it had knackered the hub as the new joint was just spinning freely.. Great news. So..

On the phone to Socks who has kindl offered to go up to his lockup, get a glanza hub and ship it out for me tomorrow.

Should all be sorted for Japfest. Haha!

So the countdown to Japfest begins to tick loud now..

Car is still on axle stands with no wheels as they haven't come back from powdercoat yet.

Got a hub due for delivery today from Mr. Bridgett, need to get the old bearing out and my new one in.

Got centre caps and inter cooler to spray.

Spacers to fit and then adjust the coilovers accordingly..

Oh, I also have my final assignment for uni to hand in tomorrow which means I only really have today to do all my prep.. Oh and I'm on uni 9-3. It's going to be an effort to get this done and ready.. All I can say is..

I'll see you there!!

Everything is back together and working as it should.. Wheels look awesome.

30mm spacers on the rear and 25mm on the front. Need to roll the arches a tad as they catch now and again on the front.

Friend of mine is a processional valleter and has my car for the next couple of hours.. Buffing , clay baring etc.. Never been done since I've had it so looking forward to the results.

Cheers Phil! I kept my enkeis!! Didn't get anything new. Just had these powder coated and they look awesome wrapped in ad08r's

Ah right very good!

We both found just what we needed under our noses :)

Loving it.

I'm settled now on my wheels so maybe drop the price of the buddyclubs to clear some space in the garage.

It's rather satisfying getting something as major as wheels really settled.

Lovely Tyres there aswell.

Phil