Received Faulty Item - Fair to as for postage??

As above. I have bought an item from a member on here. I received it today. The item is Faulty.

I have asked for the seller to either get a courier to collect the item or pay the postage and to refund me.

He is not willing to cover postage what so ever.

Is this not a fair deal?

Thats exactly what i said but he doesnt see why he should lose out either??? getting quite aggravated as i dont like throwing money away and it should have been checked as working before it was sent.

Fuck it, paypal dispute and leave them negative feedback on here.

You paid for a working item, you were sent a faulty one, why should you lose out postage money sending them back their fucked item ??

Am going through the same thing atm with some arsehole business trader on ebay.

Yeah its the attitude as well that gets me.

His "offer" is a full refund. I can get that through paypal anyway. He wanted me to post it first and then get the refund when he recieved it without going through paypal. hmmmmm.

Its that time of the month and im strapped for cash after forking out for a part that i expected to be in full working order.

His quote from the last pm:

"Just despute with paypal mate and you still won't get your shipping back. I've told you what I'm willing to offer and your still not happy there's not much more I can do. If you don't have 15 euros to send it back then there's not a lot I can do about that.

All I've had is hassle buying things off this forum and I've had enough! I'm out of pocket as well and I'm not willing to pay out anymore than you want to."

Fuck it, paypal dispute and leave them negative feedback on here.

You paid for a working item, you were sent a faulty one, why should you lose out postage money sending them back their fucked item ??

Am going through the same thing atm with some arsehole business trader on ebay.

Well i know how you feel now mate!

If you dispute it then you will get all your money back that you sent, Which means postage back too, right?

But I would say it isn't the sellers problem if you want to return it, that's on you mate, you want the refund, you have to fork out. shit hits the fan sometimes, but a refund and loosing £10 is better then no refund at all and a broken item sitting in your garage.

Yes i get the money back that i sent to him. But before i do i have to fork out more money to give him his faulty item back?

I know thats the way paypal works.

I know a guy that works for them.

The reason this happens is because they do not have the right to take any more money than they received in that transaction without consent. Hence why they cant claw back return postage charges.

I dont "WANT" to return it either. I have to! Why? because the item is faulty. Its a problem that happens in use. Its also a problem that would be very noticeable when it happened (trying not to give anything away as i would like this to be resolved without me naming names)

He claims he never used the item (not my problem, he shouldnt have sold it as a working item without checking it first)

I sold other parts to afford this one and now im left without any. This should not be the case.

take this up with paypal man, you'll get your money back and if this guy wants hes part back hes gona have to pay for it himself, other wise you do what you like with it.. payapl will 100% take your side on this.. keep all message from the seller just incase you might need them.. hope you get this sorted..

Funnily enough im going through this with another seller on here he sold me items sayi g they are in perfect working order and atleast three out of four of them are bolloxed not happy and he is reading my messages and ignoring them and me because he forgets that I can see when he read them

Ya well some people decided not to follow through on looking after people buying from them..

It's not like buying something in person when you have a chance to have a good look at it.. You rely on the buyer to check and be honest. In my case it's just the first one but either one leads to an annoyance..

Reading messages and not replying is very stupid of him/her. Fortunately I didn't have a problem with communication.

It always sucks but it's one of those things you gotta deal with..

have to admit here mind

I dont think the seller should be paying for the item to be returned mind...

just send it back and get a refund simples :)

just like when you buy cloths online if they do not fit then you pay for postage..

I bought clothes online which were damaged and the seller refunded me everything including the return postage as thats what a reputable seller would do its nothing to do with me that the item was damaged so why should I be the one whos losing out.

have to admit here mind

I dont think the seller should be paying for the item to be returned mind...

just send it back and get a refund simples :)

just like when you buy cloths online if they do not fit then you pay for postage..

That's your fault for ordering wrong size!

As above, if they where damaged you would get all paid.

I'll say this now. If anyone bought off me and item was genuinely faulty when it arrived I would happily pay for return postage.

I suppose it just comes down to not being selfish and knowing I made a mistake selling faulty goods.

I bought clothes online which were damaged and the seller refunded me everything including the return postage as thats what a reputable seller would do its nothing to do with me that the item was damaged so why should I be the one whos losing out.

Exactly..

Sometimes you just have to just take a hit on postage and call it at that. Happened a few times to me on eBay, it's always annoying but I'd rather have the bulk of my money back at the end of the day

I don't like taking shit though mate. Can a mod close this thread now as I'm already sick enough looking at the faulty AEM knowing I can't afford postage to actually get the bulk of my money back until next Thursday.

Its a pain the the ass but it's just one of those things. No different if you bought something from the high street and when u get it home and unwrap it it's been damaged/faulty. You'll get a refund for the cost or another item but you still have to pay to travel back to the shop todo so. I bought one of the hyper rev t shirts off a guy on here ment to be brand new size L it arrived and it was a size XXL. PayPal insisted i sent it back and pay the return postage but at the time I was also 12miles away from me nearest post office so time I traveled in and and sent to tracked it was hardly worth my time. If I sold some thing that was faulty I'd do my best to rectify it but there's also a line you have to draw.

If it was a retailer selling item they would have to cover postage according to the distance selling act. From a private sale I would hope the amicable thing to do would be split the postage.

Let me know if you still want this locking.