JoshsFadedJdm_zps9d68db94.jpg

Hey Guys whats up!

So, after months and months of moaning, and changing my mind. I ended up with the conclusion of keeping the starlet for the moment! I have changed my mind like the wind, but decided to keep it for now, and actually finish something for once. This little project shall now receive updates more frequent and actually start to look a little half decent from what it first started out like. So top photo is what the car currently looks like! Budget ballin!

So taking things from the top, bought the car on like 57k ish or something, now over 60k and actually gonna do a service on this car now. Mods have been and gone, but nothing working cant help me fund for more! Found loads of stuff i would like to order when i get money so lets see where this goes! Car has been mistreated by most people now i better try and save it! Its had like over 8 owners i think, and its about time it got some loving!,

Re-cap

Car was faded when purchased, got it for £500 of some hot blonde bird, not to far from me in Bristol. After driving it home i was pleased with it. You could hear the apexi air filter roar, and suck up the air. It benefited from the corolla manifold which was on there! Pulls well for a n/a and quicker than my blue one!

A few days after purchase i tried to polish it back, nope, not a chance! Probably going to end up respraying it like my boot! As this could take a bit and i cba to type it all up! Just gonna fast forward to parts lolz,

More updates coming each weekends, when i have money and time to work on cars. Also decided only going to upload decent quality photo's! :p

Exterior

Glanza Rear Bumper,

JDM Stickers;)

Genuine RS*R Lowering Springs.

MK1 Gt Turbo Wheels

Interior

Gt Turbo Passenger seat,

Engine

Corolla Manifold,

Apexi Air Filter (With sensor)

Genuine RS*R Strut Brace

Cusco Rad Cap.

Starlet - Joshy , Out! ;)

Edited by Starlet-Joshy
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate the comments lads! Love a good selfie ;)

Haha, hopefully I'll get this oil change done this weekend, good clean/polish, Hoover etc, and maybe paint some things in the engine bay!

May or may not see some new purchases this weekend, depends if I get them first! :p

Don't give up :)! My starlet is an extreme slow progress build.. moments I've wanted to give up, had a knock this weekend and fucked my front bumper up, thought i'd be losing her.. but no, keeping her and making her mint :)

Don't give up :)! My starlet is an extreme slow progress build.. moments I've wanted to give up, had a knock this weekend and fucked my front bumper up, thought i'd be losing her.. but no, keeping her and making her mint :)

Hehe! I'm trying not to give up this time!, hopefully no one will damage it any more!

Fair play! I'll be keeping a eye on your progress :p

Hey guys!

Decided to throw in a little throw back before i continue my college work! Okay so here's a pic after i bought it, day after in fact, as i bought it on the night. Came with Glanza Spoiler, Glanza Rear Bumper! Spoiler is now long gone as i was gonna strip the car a while ago for bits, but decided not to. It also had a giant rev counter, which within the last few months has been taken out, due to it annoying me lol.

IMG_0623_zpsb2d89096.jpg

However need to order some Greddy Gauges!, all oil temp, air, etc etc, and maybe boost for when i get a turbo ;) haha, anyway, gauges wont be for a few months, in which ill run a oil sandwhich plate, and replace oil filter for a HKS one. Oil change is going ahead saturday, only with a oem one for now, to tide me for a few months! It had been recently done when i bought the car, but i have done a good 6k miles now. Next little service shall involve all belts being done, all fluids flushed and changed as well.

Ill upload a pic of some parts i have to fit, such as my Stuke Canards! This being when i get my glanza front end!

More updates weekend! Peace :p

Glad your keeping this and finishing it off mate! :thumbsup: Everything's starting to come together on it and I love the way you've got it looking now, them black wheels make it look much better! Hope to see some updates from you ;)

Lee

Glad your keeping this and finishing it off mate! :thumbsup: Everything's starting to come together on it and I love the way you've got it looking now, them black wheels make it look much better! Hope to see some updates from you ;)

Lee

Cheers mate! Appreciate it :p

Shall be some updates soon ;)

glanza kit it and you will never look back! im rolling about in a standard sr at the moment and its not half as fun to be in lol :)

Yeah man! going glanza kit with a twist, Copying some design in japan looks mad! Shall be looking like it soon!,

So Guys + Gals,

Been busy recently with college work so not much to update! Hopefully have some time on the weekend to finally do my oil change and paint that faded side! Got loads of bits i want to buy such as, roll cage, seats, wheels, the list goes on! Till then its little bits here and there!!

Going to start focus on getting the Chassis sorted, making sure all bolts are good, no issues, rear suspension springs need turning up other way as from previous owner they are upside down. N/s and maybe O/s Cv joints need replacing due to a knocking noise! Hoping to paint the rear drums black and the front calipers red, as the gold is flaking away. Rear bumper needs sanding back, repairing and painting, however i am debating buying a n/a bumper and creating a custom diffuser for underneath!

Few bits have been ordered and a few more to order this weeked! I shall have a update this weekend with a few things been done on the car, so should be alright!

That's all for now, Just a cheeky little update! :p

Josh.

Update people!!!! ;)

Okay so since keeping the car now, i found my self ticking off a list off part i want and own! So recent purchase was a tyre pen, for soon when i get new wheels and tyres! and the main update of a CARBON dipped reverse light plate thing lol! More updates as of the weekend! Unsure if i will fit the plate yet or not, hope fullly buy more parts this weekend!

Here's some pics! Ill do a bigger write up on the weekend!!

IMG_5247_zps8e10dce3.jpg

IMG_5246_zps3c6bfff2.jpg

IMG_5245_zps6213a05b.jpg

More updates soon!!!! :p