Just got my first Starlet!

Well where should I start.. A quick introduction I guess. So my name is Bret and I've just last weekend purchased my very first Starlet. I've been looking around for a while now for one and finally one came up local and a lot cheaper than it should have been. Not only that but I know the last owner who looked after it incredibly well. So straight away it was a done deal! I have now become the proud owner of a 220.5 BHP Silver Glanza V!

I'm absolutely in love with it. I spent 2 and a half hours on Monday cleaning her and got wicked sunburn on my shoulders. Didn't realize until I got in my car put the harnesses on and noticed the pain! Still worth it :p Now she's filthy again from the rain and dust mix from the Lorries driving past the place I work :( Guttering is not the word..

She's an absolute beauty and I'm incredibly happy I got her. Also has a few rare optional extras that I didn't know about!

Spec list is as follows:

TD04L Turbo

Custom made equal length manifold

Tial 38mm vband wastegate

Custom screamer pipe

Exceedy uprated clutch

Oem LSD gearbox

Blitz manual boost controller with 4 maps higest 1.1 bar @220.5 bhp on heartbreaker dyno

Greddy emange blue piggy back ecu

Turbo timer

Auto gaugue boost gauge

X2 sparco bucket seats

X2 purple luke harnesses

Fob key start

Oem front strutt

Oem 3 point rear strutt

FMIC

Hks super dragger exhaust with hks silencer (really nice sound) not too loud

New drilled and grooved brakes with yellow stuff pads

Full livesports kit with over fenders (only 1 in uk to my knowledge)

Electric Folding Wing Mirrors

Did have Custom Pink Camo hydro dipped, Center Console, Clock Surrounding, Rocker Cover, Inside Door Handles, Window Button Surroundings and Air Vents but wasn't to my taste so was all removed and painted satin black. Only the rocker cover is now dipped. :)

When I first got her and some from the previous owner.

10500564_631920586897434_899668918626036

943187_10200700897858177_167681612_n.jpg

1380247_10201543377639645_281965434_n.jp

1234922_10201426815365661_369057101_n.jp

976749_10200700897738174_762938704_o.jpg

980522_10200700898418191_174434864_o.jpg

1273055_10201341420630846_270730537_o.jp

Hope everyone likes the photos. I will take some more of my own this weekend. :)

Thanks, Bret.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! Can't wait to be a member of the society! And it deffo needs a front lip that's the very first thing that I said when I bought it home. I have been looking at the vented Laguna front splitters as I heard they fit. Not only that but I just can't find a livesports one anywhere on the internet. :(

And the Pink has all gone Calum first job I did was get rid. I could have probably stuck them up on here and someone would perhaps have swapped but I couldn't handle the pinkness. Looked like a right muppet driving it :') The only thing left is the rocker cover now.

I'm loving the car and I like that it's a bit different from all the others (Not that you see many on the road) with the full-ish Livesports kit. It also has a few optional extras I've been told. Like the key barrel light, Drinks holders, Steel clock surrounds.. :)

Bret.

Never seen this locally though reg number seems familiar looks a cracking car.

big car show jap fest 2 at Donnington in august plus jae too.

local car meet first Sunday of every month be nice to see you there.

Nice to know some people have seen it around! I absolutely love it!

Iamlegend, Td04 power is awesome! Absolutely crazy pull on it :p Deffo needs the bumper.

Akyakapotter, I'll have a look at RHD Japan now. :)

Cheers LukeColby glad you like it :p

Ollieh17, Thanks man and all the purple/pink is pretty much gone now the only things left are the harnesses, carpet, rocker cover and the rear strut brace. What should I be wary about mate?

Richdog, I saw the Japfest 2 and thought about going but didn't have this car at the time. Maybe next time! And where is the car meet mate I may pop down? I see you're in Chesterfield not far from me at all! :)

Davehart, Yes mate it is Matt's old one :) It is very, very tidy and is one of the main reasons I couldn't turn it down! It's now in a little village and likes to wake people up after I finish work at about half past midnight! Oops.. ;)

Daniel_G Thanks pal I'm on the case right now trying to hunt one of them down :) And thank you!

Thanks Drongo boi it's very smart hopefully meet some of you guys at a meet some time!

Can't believe the response from everyone wasn't expecting it at all. Feeling very welcome and can't wait to clean the car and get some photos of her with my DSLR for you all. :p

R.e the harnesses on the strut brace. Strut braces arent really meant for mounting harnesses. Not sure how a strut brace would hold up in a accident etc. lots of stuff on the net about where to mount harnesses :)

Thanks guys! :) It's a lovely car.

And cheers Shorty. I'm not sure If i like the bumper :/ I may just get a LS splitter instead but I don't know which one.. A, B or C?

I'll have a look Ollieh17. It wasn't me that put them on there anyway :p Didn't think It looked right. Looks more for show to be honest.

Lol thanks BlueBear I might come actually :p I will enjoy her! I just need a big fur coat and a purple hat with a feather sticking out of it to finish the pimpishness off ;)

On another note what Oil should I be using? I've just been out and got 5litres of Comma 10w-40 Part Synthetic cost me £25 as I was told it was part synthetic.. But I'm not actually sure if that's right as I would have thought fully synthetic personally? Best check with the experts hey ;)

Bret.