toyosports have been a budget brand for starlets for years stay away from manifolds and decats there made from recycled kit kat wrappers,

but the other bits are not bad tbh ie intercoolers civic style rads blah blah

Never had a problem with the two manifolds I have had.that was on my daily car both times.

first one from 2009 still goin on a mates car.one for sale atm have had since march and no issues whatsoever

same as standard cast manis crack and sometimes even expensive ones.

Think the main issue with cheaper ones is that they arent braced.

not claiming toyosports are the nuts,they are just a standard/budget well priced mani.

Edited by mikey4410

I've just bought a toyo mild steel td04 manifold and downpipe brand new for £100. I've heard loads of people say they're not actually that bad then I've heard the odd few moan and slate them (regarding the mild steel td04 kit)... I'm going to brace it a little here and there and I'm pretty confident that I won't have a problem with it... Also putting it into perspective I've just built a kit, brand new manifold and downpipe, brand new braided oil feed and banjo bolt, and turbo in decent condition for £170 lol.

When you consider that the high end stuff cracks as well I don't see why it isn't worth taking a chance, buying the kit and bracing it. After all a complete td04 kit from wepr, td or racetech etc are anywhere from like 3 times as much to probably 10 times as much.... I will see how it goes!

P.s. All of the above is regarding mild steel td04 kits. I wouldn't touch the stainless stuff with a barge pole.

Yes I did but only after three weeks from brand new when it started to blow and I had to weld it..

After that it started blowing within 2 months and then one day the turbo fell down and the flange was still attached

I will find a pic

People just whack them on without bracing them, the put the manifold and decat on and then by removing the CAT they have unbolted all the support brackets from the block. So guess what happens when you have a whole exhaust system hanging off the manifold studs!!!!

Just brace it and its problem solved, if your lazy and you dont it breaks eventually with the vibration and weight of the turbo/exhaust system hanging off it,

I had mine on for two years getting hammered on the track and it was fine :), just weld up some brackets to it and bolt it to the block.

Edited by Taggy

People just whack them on without bracing them, the put the manifold and decat on and then by removing the CAT they have unbolted all the support brackets from the block. So guess what happens when you have a whole exhaust system hanging off the manifold studs!!!!

Just brace it and its problem solved, if your lazy and you dont it breaks eventually with the vibration and weight of the turbo/exhaust system hanging off it,

I had mine on for two years getting hammered on the track and it was fine :), just weld up some brackets to it and bolt it to the block.

Those brackets were 1inch thick steal and massive lol :)

It depends on how hard you drive, If it's a daily and your poodling around all the time then a MS one should be fine for a few months if it's braced,

On the other hand if your driving it hard, don't even bother

I genuinely would have another toyo sports one in mild steel anyday.cant fault them, as above get them braced, thats what kills a "cheap mani"

The vibration ,heat etc etc and on top of that a 7 kilo weight pulling down also.its obviously gonna give.all mine have been braced one way or another and guess what....no issue