whats quicker? civic type r or corrola T sport?

type r is quicker when the vtec kicks in its like a million unicorns farting at once

but seriously better tuning possibilties with type r much stronger more reliable engine

Edited by russ78

Type r is faster out the box but from word of mouth the rolla is the better driver. Also having been in both the rolla just seems a much better.made car, better designed inside and sounds better ;). I'd rather have the T sport.

Stock for stock theres not much in it speed wise. Get a facelift corolla as the pfl aren't spec'd as well and have more issues.

Hondas interior is like our starlets but not put together as well, hard plastic cheap and creaky.

Reliability both are good if looked after but the 2zz will shit itself if you miss shift and over rev it. the k20 is the better engine in terms of performance gains.

Id say the EP3 is about 2 car lengths faster to 100-120mph.... stock for stock... So not a lot in it...

However for me, as a daily car...

Id take the Cheaper Insurance, Service Items and Many More Creature Comforts...

I have the Glanza to enjoy if I fancy a blast. Ep3's automatically mean u get branded a tosser too!

My dad has said that aparently (according to the CCUK guys so may be slightly biased), the facelifts piss all over the EP3 if its damp outside due to the aids. In terms of straight line speed though, the Hondas will be better.

Edited by Bluebear

The EP3 is a tad faster, handles better and has more tuning options, with parts that aren't all that expensive even from Honda themselves. If you miss a gear in either it could be deadly, the OEM Honda timing chain tensioners have known to become a bit on the loose side however depends how well its been serviced.

The Corolla does have the better interior or better options as standard, depends what you want from the car really. A EP3 is like a race car for the road, very little torque low down and the short ratio 6 speed box can become tiresome, but does come alive when giving it the beans. The Corolla is more refined and better for every day use with a bit of poke when you want it.

having tried to this out myself (having a tsport) in a straight line and both in stock format, there was very little difference between them - comes down to driver(gear changes) as opposed to the car itself (ignore parkers performance figures for the corolla they are incorrect, however the type r handles alot better in stock form compared to the t sport (the facelift does handle better as it sits 15mm lower than the prefacelift).

As for value for money, the corolla wins hands down in my opinion, for £2500 you can pick up a facelift with 75k on the clock thats been looked after, comapre that to a type r and your looking at a prefacelift with 120k on the clock and been ragged, plus its cheaper to insure the t sport.

If you are planning on modifying either car, then theres alot more mods out there and improvements for the civic compared to the corolla.

You can guarantee if you bought a type r it's been ragged to an inch of its life cause that's the sort of cunts that buy them where as a t sport look better better interior and not so common so not owned by twats. Also it's toyota :)

I've sat on the back end of a type-R up to 100 but suppose its down to the driver / car's set-up.

I chose a T-Sport rather than an EP3 due to the fact there not as popular, very surprising as well which I love about mine lol.

Not been in a T Sport, but I really like the EP3's. Lovely interior and even better if you get a Premier Edition as they have the Recaro seats, red carpet and Momo steering wheel. Yeah they're common but just shows that there good if anything

Aamir

Not been in a T Sport, but I really like the EP3's. Lovely interior and even better if you get a Premier Edition as they have the Recaro seats, red carpet and Momo steering wheel. Yeah they're common but just shows that there good if anything

Aamir

Yes they are very good cars, but now owned mostly by idiots it seems!

Aamir

I disagree with the last statement limited edition corsas are common it does not mean there good :o