Raised bonnet; Yay or Nay?

Got a mad notion last night that I wanted to raise my bonnet, so I did haha but now I really don't know if I like it or not so all opinions welcome :)

image_zpsb7c8a5db.jpg

image_zps37d79307.jpg

image_zps05a8819b.jpg

At the minute I'm thinking of putting it back to normal...

Edited by EP82_Mark

It greatly reduces under bonnet temps and so can reduce intake temps by approx 6-8deg depending.

It has a purpose. I'm not too keen on them but mine is raised from when I ran ITB's. It ran shit once the engine got hot but the raised bonnet stopped that! Left it raised because it's only going to help.

I think it looks fine mate,and it's not something you notice if you drive past somebody,they ain't going to say look how bad that car is the bonnet is raised an inch! If it helps cool the engine then it can only be a plus!

There's no proof it does any good and chances are it doesn't as the base of the windscreen is a high pressure area. But if your getting high temps then you need to be asking why and looking into your cooling system etc.

There's no proof it does any good and chances are it doesn't as the base of the windscreen is a high pressure area. But if your getting high temps then you need to be asking why and looking into your cooling system etc.

Not quite true. There have been plenty of studies on this and I think I may be able to find datalogs from a conversation I had with a few people last week.

Also why does it have to be related you your cooling system? Exhaust heat can raise under bonnet temperatures and cause heat soak through your intercooler piping and intake manifold.

Also high pressure flowing over a low pressure area creates a vacuum effectively pulling air from under the bonnet..

Anyway, I'll post those logs if I can find them but at the end of the day if it doesn't matter bought to you and you don't like the look of it then it's your choice. I'm just voicing my opinion