JAE Attendee.....

I had a great time and it was good to put names to faces (even tho I did forget a few names....sorry :)) so the tee shirt idea is a win for me.

I think more ukso group activities wouldn't go a miss due to separated groups. (I did feel a little uncomfortable at times to come over and mingle).

the music selection was awesome but I think we need to make the tent a bit more inviting....disco lights etc.

the dust was a pain but overall it was a good plot. right by the showers/toilets and 2 seconds from the trade stands etc.

my biggest negative which I know is something ukso cant change but....SPEED BUMPS! wow I thought I left half my car behind after each one lol. will be bringing some wood next year I think :)

overall I think it was awesome and I honestly didn't stop laughing all weekend.....such an amazing show. UKSO should do more weekend events :)

• 8 months later...

Made it to my first Ukso show atlast japfest was great and everyone I spoke to was really friendly but yea names was the biggest problem i speak to a fair few people on here and seen there cars sitting empty really no chance to work out who's who unless there sitting in there car a Ukso t shirt or sticker with there user name or real name would be really handy

Another thing be good if perhaps some of the mods/admin poped over to introduce themself to people they haven't seen before. I'd spoke to trisk before heading down so when he seen me at the services he made a b line for me to say hi. I'd recognised john off Facebook so Dave spoke to him and he ended up Dishing out some stickers and what not. Everyone else we just walked over and started talking to. But for people who arent so keen to just walk up to Random people and start talking might make them feel more at home if a few mods introduced themself at he start

I think names on t-shirts/hoodies is a good idea.. Especially at JAE where it's a very social event and sometimes it's hard to remember everyone's names and what not! Now there's a lot of new faces with UKSO, think it would be a step in the right direction!

Drinking games are always good for bringing people together, learning names etc! I will no doubt end up chatting to everyone over the weekend, I am sorry in advance!

We're actually already looking in to these for club staff for show's and depending on demand I don't see issues with extending them to all club members in the future.

I'll have one for jae!:) would be so much easier. I always recognise cars then I'm like.. Erm? The owner?

One thing that puts me off JAE is not knowing anyone. My first meet was japfest. I luckily spoke to a couple of people but felt scared to go up to ransoms. People will call me a wimp but it's how I am.

Think some admin maybe greeting people would be cool :).

Recognised some off Facebook and spoke ones I recognised

One thing that puts me off JAE is not knowing anyone. My first meet was japfest. I luckily spoke to a couple of people but felt scared to go up to ransoms. People will call me a wimp but it's how I am.

Think some admin maybe greeting people would be cool :).

Recognised some off Facebook and spoke ones I recognised

At JAE everyone would make you feel welcome, seriously. They are all a cool bunch, and every time I have wandered over in the past, I have talked to random people for hours. This year will actually be my first year officially sleeping on the stand, but just come talk to me and I will introduce you to all the people I know (and don't know)

I'd rather a badge just incase the tops get covered in crap and malcomegt don't worry about it last year was my first year and I did stupid stuff everyone does lol its a great laugh and j.a.e is more socialble as you don't have one day to go view everything and set up stands ect which is why mods and admin was most probs busy dude but j.a.e we all chip in together put gazebo up ect and drink and party together :) you will love

Edited by toyotag2014

I'd prefer pin-on purely because I have no idea where I'd put a clip on.. as my clothes don't have places to clip stuff on to... But then again - we might need an accident book for the amount of people who may stab themselves with the pin!

Also may be getting slightly school like and shit but... May be an awesome idea to get individual photographs of people with their cars? Would give us all something to do for a bit and what not, plus would be nice to look over after the event and then remember names-faces a little more. Just an idea that popped into my head :D.. Even just on an iPhone or something!!!

You no we would all get extremely drunk and change badges with each other lol :D

Lol! So true. No one would still know anyone's names because no one would have the right badge on.

I think I'll just try and get a hoody made this year. I'm also going to put my spec sheets in the car for people to know it's mine because I even forget other people's cars haha.

I'd prefer pin-on purely because I have no idea where I'd put a clip on.. as my clothes don't have places to clip stuff on to... But then again - we might need an accident book for the amount of people who may stab themselves with the pin!

Also may be getting slightly school like and shit but... May be an awesome idea to get individual photographs of people with their cars? Would give us all something to do for a bit and what not, plus would be nice to look over after the event and then remember names-faces a little more. Just an idea that popped into my head :D.. Even just on an iPhone or something!!!

Just everyone bring a picture of themselves and stick them up in the Gazebo?

Last year we did have a pic thread: http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/84974-jae-face-to-name-thread/