Get a small 12x6, nice and sleek :)

Naa im staying uk spec, more sleeper ;)

Soo decided to whip my air filter off today and leave it soaking so i can re-oil it and also got my indicators off so i can change them to the unsmoked ambers i swapped with matts.

But due to the rain im currently sitting indoors staying warm next to the fire so i now have no air filter and no indicators lol

Anyway thought i would give you guys a tease of the throttles open :p

http://youtu.be/WTYTs29eKLo

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same brightens the front up loads, think i might be after the sides but wont be until after next weekend if your still interested in swapping them aswell?

It does buddy yes! Definitely mate dibs!! :) im up for it just pm me when you want to swap :) thanks

Haha thanks man!

i wish i could make quicker progress with it but i dont have any where to work on it other than my parents garden which is just sodden over winter, even if i had a stone driveway it would be better. But nooo that costs to much!

I've got so much to do but nowhere to do it :(

Once i get this weekend out of the way im going to save up and have both sets of wheels sprayed and get everything filling my room up fitted. Im getting fed up with it all now :lol:

Yeah I see what you mean it covers some of the bumper rather than lowering it more. Sucks that there's no decent NA aftermarket bumpers about. I know of MS designs kit but it reminds me of Corsas! Remix is nice but it's been done several times!

If I was gonna convert my NA, I would get this done. It works so well IMO

522408_328231300617466_1326931926_n.jpg

i've always wondered if it's possible to just take an optional glanza lip and get it smooth onto an n/a bumper

That's the glanza bumper modified to fit n/a

i've always wondered if it's possible to just take an optional glanza lip and get it smooth onto an n/a bumper

That's the glanza bumper modified to fit n/a i think

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry mate, mine's CAT D as you know now. :p But I will still be going in Shelly's Glanza. See what you youngen's have been up to lol. I love the open trumpets, it has a huge effect on the flow and power changing from filtered to open.

Best thing is, if you drive it normally you can get almost the same amount of mpg as the 4EFE, but then you have the option to open it up. Shame it goes through more oil tho.. the 4EFE didn't seem like it needed any oil EVER. :p

Sorry to hijack your thread,

How are you finding yours? Is the clearance ok, with the downpipe and all?

Sorry to hear about that :( but will be good to catch up anyway. Tbh I've never run mine open, far to paranoid about a stone or something finding its way in especially since i don't have a under tray any more! But now you said that it is quite tempting haha

But yeah mpg is great, mid to high 30's easily but i think my thermostat is sticking a bit as mine seems to run cold at times and goes on to cold idle and uses a bit more fuel at times :(

Can't say mine uses any oil though, never had to top mine up between services or anything :s

The downpipe isn't too bad considering how low it sits, i can still get my cusco lower brace on if i wanted but then i catch that on everything so haven't used it, my main issues atm seem to be the engine mounts being a bit soft. (age related i guess) so need to get new ones but being one is custom it makes it a bit of a ball ache! Getting tempted to buy a set of levin mounts and re-do mine as they are 22 year old corolla gti mounts and the design of mounts has improved greatly over this type. It probably doesn't help that im not using the front or lower torque mounts either, im just relying on the poly filled starlet mount on the back lol

Yer mate, i'm looking forward to seeing you guys again.

If you do open it tho, it will take a little time for the engine to adjust itself to the change in air, I kept my sensor near the throttle as the plenum chamber didn't fit as should be the same as yours. But you're running trumpets aren't you? that's open..

Cold at times? hmm, I can't say I've had that issue, but mine used a bit of oil.. my bro's AE111 Levin with the same engine did the exact same so I assumed it was the norm for a high revving engine.

When I got the engine from Fensport It came with the Ae111 engine mounts, but my mechanic ended up making his own mounts as it was easier and less fiddly seeming as he had to cut and reinforce the chassis anyway.

Yours seems to be sitting nicely, are you happy with the changes?