MISS,STRESS >>> mister koni yellow

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

spens all freaking weekend fitting the charger in the altenator spot it fits but my acis wont fit anymore !!!! and i cant go lower with the charger either !!!! so she has to go upfront :( :( :( :(

there is no way i am going to delete my acis mani :) :) well see how that works out with the 4efte oilfilter location housing

Edited by 5e colin

got bored today so started fabbing the bracket , i made really good use of the aircon bracket to :thumbsup: the charger is 9 inches tall so i fabbed up a plate to bolt to the bottom of the airco bracket measured it level on the plate and only after i drilled them i spot the bottom holes on the airco bracket arnt level so wonky bracket

Photo0246_zpsd7e04b68.jpg

becouse i didnt have a crank in my mok up block i needed a diferent way to find my pulley locatio and came up with this my strusted spirit level clamped to the outside of my waterpump pully :) now i could align my charger / bracket

Photo0248_zps9f852fb8.jpg

my 9 inches will just clear under the oilfilter ??? i think ha ha atleast the height is right

Photo0247_zps3740e0c5.jpg

tomorow im going to bolt it to my car and mock up for where i can bolt/make the top bracket to fully secure the charger in position

also sourced a 4agze oem bypas valve for the charger will collect soon

do wont be long :)

so i tryed bolting the charger on and i didnt like the angle of the charger ( to much forward ) so i fitted studs and spacer on the plate to bring bottom out more

Photo0249_zps750a7151.jpg

much better but i want more so going to for even longer studs so charger sits strait i still have clearance to the crossmember :) :)

by the look of things i might clear the oilfilter to because it slopes to passo side of tha car yay nice 1

lets hope luck is on my side and its far enough out so i can ( maybe ) raise the charger :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Photo0250_zpsb1254a82.jpg

thanks ethan :)

today i made some more changes sinds i found out the thread size today of our oil filters i can use the very slimline 1 from an r5 gt turbo so i will be able to rotate the charger a lot more . i will have to clear some of the aircon bracket to allow it to rotate more doing so will open up a lot of room

Photo0254_zpsi0pcsuxi_1.jpg

bottom of the bracket is sorted and spaced out to the mm just need to cut of the unused bottom section

Photo0256_zpsgfrhl7qn_1.jpg

i made the top supporting bracket with the old alt adjuster worked wel just need to cut the L bar to size on the end tomorow with the angle grinder

going to buy a r5 filter and see how far it will allow me to go then i can mark the aluminium pipe from the sc12 so top end fases strait up for the topmount and get that welded up so wont be long now before i can hear the charger whiiiineeee :) :)

Photo0257_zpsgydfkxiw_1.jpg

its a tight squeeze in there !!! but it works

Photo0258_zpseuru50fx_1.jpg

and by the look of it my vf10 turbo kit will clear to if i fit a custom oil return !!! by the look in the bay

Photo0260_zpspswxxjmn_1.jpg

alignment is spot on to of the charger pully

Photo0259_zps0kdpenx4_1.jpg

the charger intake pipe is going to need some trimming to fit inthere not much room on crossmember

Photo0261_zpsiu7ryqom_1.jpg

ground clearance is good to the charger isnt lower then the sump :) :) i am going to leave the excess metal on it to protect the charger just incase

Photo0262_zps3xswu9hb_1.jpg

the charger boost pipe comes out in the front grill atm could be usefull or a pain ha ha

Photo0263_zps408mdsnm.jpg

thats it for now got to buy a belt and do the switch for the clutch and get some welding done but am broke again atm :( :(

if i found a suitable smaller oilfilter i might get away with the intake pipe on the crosmember

Edited by 5e colin
my final goal is this below

>>>>> wait for it

>>>>> almost there

dam it common

so this is my setup i have bean working on guys :) :) :) :) twin charge time im not far off attal now guys !!!!

Photo0268_zpsbgvvsldx.jpg

Photo0269_zpskkj4vxm4.jpg

what i still need doing is bolt on the 90% intake bracket from the vf10 and get the charger pipe rotated towards it at that angle and join with a silicone hose ( 50mm )

then my turbo outlet faces kinda upwards to the slam panel thats where my renault 5 gt turbo alloy intercooler will be placed

( anyone that knows what they look like will know what i say next )

from that same spot im going strait to the starlet oem topmount for extra cooling :) :)

OOO and al this will be controlled by digital rpm switches and my pfc fcon with bigger injectors :) :)

on and off of the charger clutch will be the hi lo boost button i think not sure yet

cheers 5e colin :)

Your car so build it how you want but my opinion/advise would be to forget the OEM top mount, a mate of mine did some proper testing with temp sensors and the OEM top mount is pretty much useless.

I would just use a decent front mount as you normally would on a tuned 4EFTE.

Assuming you want to use the supercharger at low RPM and then switch it off once the turbo takes over, it might take a bit of working out but if you got an electronic throttle body off a newish car to use as a diverter valve, you might be able to wire it up so that it's activated by boost or rpm and automatically switches the supercharger off and opens the diverter valve.

Also those pipes off the supercharger look like they're in awkward positions for getting pipes in there, it might be worth getting some flanges made with a custom inlet/outlet to suit your pipes.