MISS,STRESS >>> mister koni yellow

what i really like to do is fit a bypass valve inthere that works under boost normally open and when charger starts boosting it closes the valve

any recomendations guys

It would be the other way round mate, to start with it would be closed so air has to go through the supercharger, once the turbo is spooled the supercharger is switched off and the valve is opened so air can bypass the supercharger and go straight to the turbo.

You could make a boost actuated valve with a modified wastegate actuator and a throttle body, set the boost for the valve to open with the actuator, once it's on boost it pushes on the throttle body (where the throttle cable would normally go) and opens it. Would need some work as to how much travel on the arm is needed to get the throttle fully open but that's one way you could set it up from basic parts that you can easily find. Then you could have a pressure activated switch plumbed in so the supercharger is automatically turned off at the same time.

Edited by ste91
  • Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if i turn of the charger then wont the turbo chocke on the charger veins blocking the air ????

It shouldn't do. The charger will just pretty much act like a multiplier. My Cousin is planning on being able to reach 500/600 this way. It's up and running and has 1.5bar of boost around 2k on a gt30.

He said that plenty of people have tried using the valves and it never really done that well.

The pipe going between the outlet of the charger and Inler of the turbo just fit a t- peice peice pipe and stick a throttle body on the open pipe and an air filter onto the throttle body that opens when the charger is turned off.

The turbo will such air from the path with the least resistance so you don't actualy have to block off the supercharger pipe

im also going to get this project on the sideline to keep my mind busey :) twin turbo ct9 the exhaust from the stock ct9 feeding the other ct9 like this

twin%20ct9_zps6cdllajs.png

and have the compressors mate in the intercooler pipe NOT !!! feed each other

if i am right and they both run 10psi they will produce 20psi of boost in the engine ???? might be wrong ha ha

had to throw that in the bin it was to small !!! water lines at the back would not clear it !!!! another foolish mistake ha ha . so going bolting this 1 on first before i mark the other 1

must tell you its pretty noisy with that drill bit !!!! also can't go bigger then 34mm as my china pillar drill isnt strong enough , so will use an 8mm drill on the edge and a burr :) :) to smooth it out

Photo0276_zpshua7kku6.jpg

modified the gearing on my tiny pillar drill it can cut 50mm with no jamming 20min for 12mm !! )

adaptor plate ( nr3 ) turned out well with the 50mm hole

Photo0277_zps5kmlnvio.jpg

made longer studs to go in ct9 mani out of grade 10.9

Photo0278_zpsdifcv2by.jpg

ct9 bolted ready to mate the 2nd 1 on going to have them hugging each other nice and tight

Photo0279_zpsanbsnhdh.jpg

should have another ct9 tomoro to test then just plum in the oil lines and wel from nr1 to 2 and off we go

so thats working out VERY well this is going to work lads it clears my slam panel :) :) :) twin turbo time dummy ct9 arrive this morning but no actu and water pipe oil pipe so must swap them over

Photo0285_zpse37rzq7d.jpg

Photo0286_zpsp2lemyan.jpg

its like toyota knew 25 years ago that 5e colin was going to twin charge there 4efte they even cut the factory actuator for me to suit :) how close can it get

Photo0287_zpsji0sj56p.jpg