MISS,STRESS >>> mister koni yellow

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

havent bean able to continue on my lil project for the last 4 days :( :( :( but anyways got 1 hour spare today so finished of the flange

Photo0300_zpsyiniflcr.jpg

50mm strait tru on the left for between mani and 1st ct9 then on the right 42mm because the internal diamoter is 44mm :) gives me more chance to weld on it before warp !!

Photo0301_zpsptdnghpe.jpg

next up is the ct9 outlet flange 1s thats made i can weld them 2gether :)

so taked it together and gave is a few smal welds ( going to weld it in 3 stages ) to see how it will look

also beeing used to push with the mig i am al over the shop pulling with the stick going of line so it will be mig for the rest :) :)

Photo0309_zpsmbxhzk5i.jpg

Photo0310_zpsnttqhpom.jpg

i wish it was done already want to feel a bit of boooooost again :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

so didnt do fek al sinds the 17th :( ( but ) soooo finally got my BOC account sorted and forked out for some argoshield 2 liter bottle and a swp regulator , i set the airflow to 10l as i was told to for ms , also there only ( 18e ) refills :) :)

Photo0320_zpse7furmzy.jpg

so set up the mig an this is where my setting is best what do you guys think recomend dont mind the crap on the front thats when i was checking amps and wire speed also the brown stuff is that normal ???

Photo0321_zpsg7h8gb7k.jpg

this is after wire brush looks ok/good to me but i am just an amature welder so dont really know what to look AT :(

Photo0322_zpstkx8bpzr.jpg

Turn your heat up a little, or turn your feed down depending on how thick the metal is, your looking for less bulbous flatter sides to your runs. The hole in one end run is porosity, thats no good at all, but all in all theyre not the end of the world. The brown stuff is normal,just brush it off!

Id turn the heat up, im not the big welder though i showed it to my coded colleage and asked him. Your set looks pretty basic, most i come across haved the feed rate in m/s and the heat in amps. Obvious suggestion i know but you may just have to look up what good welds look like and play with your sets settings till you can do runs that look like them!

ha ya basic it is , its the cheapest gas/mig on the market ha ha , had another play a while ago i turned it to 6 and slowed the wire down a very smal bit

welds a lot better already with the help from my neighbour , he checked/ messed around with the wire spool and guide motor etc etc, wire is coming out a lot smoother to now !! lesson learned

cheers amigo :)

i welded it up fully and filled it up with water i only have 1 leak very tiny ( improving indeed :) ) going to drill it out tomoro and spot weld it up then continue the cleaning up of it to get it nice and smooth also a first for me i didnt warp it ha ha

Photo0326_zps9tvcyvjf.jpg

When you weld two things of different thicknesses, you should try to aim slightly off the corner onto the thicker metal, 'pushing' the weld into the corner. this should help you not blow through the thinner metal. looks pretty good for a new welder mate, welding is something that takes a lot of practice to get good at, get some scrap bits to weld together if you can!

cheers chops :) im able to do flat welding pretty good from back in the day with the stick welder on the gates we made but now those pipes is another story altogether i keep forgetting the length and angle . i start a weld pulling and up pushing the other end , really annoying habit ther that i picked up now mist get rid of it and keep it 1 motion

i still have loads of gas left 3/4 bottle to, so will practice the pipes indeed there tricky for me

my welding is getting better more fluent and beeds look better ( BUT ) when i come in very tight spots im still bodging it fecker would love some tips on tight spots ha ha

fabricated this a few days ago :) :) :) ( only exhaust extension left ) waiting on gaskets and a few T pieces so i can instal this fucker

Photo0331_zpsfvskbwxv.jpg

think im going to make a ct9 mani to

Thats a mad old bit of engineering there, its going to be a nightmare to plumb in the whole lot all over the place! in regards to the welding in tight spaces, all you can really do is plan your assembly very carefully if using mig, or learn to weld stick as you can get it into much tighter spaces (its pretty cheap too)! sometimes, you need to cut things off of a job, or cut the whole job in half, to access an area you need to weld then join the two back up, its very annoying when your working to time constraints!