MISS,STRESS >>> mister koni yellow

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not sure but its a scrapper box for sure must be more then 500k a DUD of a box waste of 100£

lets hope i can use the na box thats being dropped tomorow 5 weeks almost now without a car

i just should of gone to the local scrappy and got a na box there on day 1 pffff

But question is, what makes them weaker. And is there a way to strengthen them?

everything is weaker ( thinner ) to save weight

Gears are thinner for a start

indeed and diff is narrower shorter in/out shafts etc

I know someone who had a n/a box on track car with 280bhp. It held up fine

that sounds reassuring aslong as it lasts till my oem lsd is fixed then im happy with it :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Take your time shifting and you'll be fine. Selector forks and shafts, can be iffy. Gear width won't brother you till you are putting down lots of torque throughout decent tyres. N/A boxes have final drive ratios ranging from 4.312, 3.546 and there maybe a 3.700( labeling key changed between 95-96 starlets and tercels, so difficult to say for certain.

so got myself some helping hands , im getting to old now to be lying in the street under the car installing engines and gearboxes its not like im 30 anymore ha ha anyways wasnt a bad price 108£ at the door :)

soon my car be driving again :)

post-9966-0-88412600-1459527639_thumb.jp

Edited by 5e colin
  • 2 weeks later...

happy days finally got the right cable to work with my laptop for the MTXL gauge time to start lining the innovate boost shiftlight gauge so i can see boost and rpm to ( somehow ) then i can start doing some logging and check my true boost vs rpm vs afr

as glanzing over in 3rd near the limiter aint safe :) :) anyone who knows what and how to link these feel free to ad some comments

quick vid of what i have now :)

Edited by 5e colin
  • 3 weeks later...

just to show some interesting finds between the tfo35hm and a tdo4l both use same size compressor wheel and housing but proppelers have diferent design

the exhaust propeller is way bigger in the tdo4l making her spool a lot later after instaling the tdo4l and using the same actuator as was on my tfo35hm at 1.1 there isnt that much of a difernce in pull only to make my power band smaller will see how it performes when i get a uprated intake manifold to use more revs again

post-9966-0-46843900-1462301954_thumb.jp

post-9966-0-96462600-1462301969_thumb.jp

Edited by 5e colin