Alex's Starlet - Tight Budget Build

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did for a bit and its not worth it, i would highly recommend to buy a set of apex 30mm lowering springs, the kilen ones are crap i have them now

Hi what's wrong with the kilen springs? I'm thinking of getting some for my glanza to fit on my new KYB Excel G shocks which are better than standard shocks, I have had tein 40mm springs on standard shocks also in the past & the ride was not good, apex 30mm probs is best or H & R 20mm springs if your on standard shocks. A lot of people rate the kilen springs on other cars. Edited by mart1

Don't cut the springs! It will handle terribly and wreck your shocks and top mounts! My top mounts lasted a week with cut springs! I'll never cut another set lol

Do you know how to get springs off pal? be careful there spring loaded, get someone that knows how to change them.

Yes I know how to do it.

And I am trying to sell stuff I got my mates dad to sell some wheels for me (Not the Starlet ones !) and I'm planning on selling the rear wiper motor and also the exhaust manifold cover thing. If anyone wants to bid to help a Starlet fund http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TWO-PEUGEOT-206-306-14-INCH-STEEL-WHEELS-WITH-TYRE-175-65-R14-/321712529710?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae78fa12e Click there ! Thanks for all the replies I don't think I will cut them now.

• 5 weeks later...

Why do you wanna raise it up mate? Just stick a ser of 16s on go off road spec then lol

Well I want to do an apprenticeship and it's in a quarry and I ideally want to save up for a Golf GTi MK2 but insurance is loads for my first year driving. So I want to raise it a bit, get a beacon on the top and put vinyl over the rear windows. I did have the offer of lowering springs but he never replied in the end :sad:

• 1 month later...

Not much has happened really, I found a Saxo bumper I'm gonna try and look at on it, just wanted to say if anyone has any Starlet parts that they were throwing out that still have a bit of life in them please message me because' I'll hopefully have money to feed it. Thanks :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...