Everyone ready for Japfest - Stressing out!!! Lol

Hoping there's some other people with a ton of stuff to finish with their cars to get them ready......tell me I'm not alone? Haha this ones gonna go to the wire!

Good to hear mate :) I've got bits in for paint, wheels in getting tyres fitted, tracking to be done, an A4 page of snags, service, insurance to sort......and I'm still waiting for a panhard rod to turn up (so get that fitted) plus clean the dirty bitch and to round it all off my tickets been lost in transit! Shit and book a ferry!

Good to hear mate :) I've got bits in for paint, wheels in getting tyres fitted, tracking to be done, an A4 page of snags, service, insurance to sort......and I'm still waiting for a panhard rod to turn up (so get that fitted) plus clean the dirty bitch and to round it all off my tickets been lost in transit! Shit and book a ferry!

Sounds like you need to spend less time on here and more time working on the car haha

James

Sounds like you need to spend less time on here and more time working on the car haha

James

Haha was waiting for that........it's gashing down outside! I have fitted some valve stems since my last post! ;)

Oh god I've had a nightmare. Went to fit my genuine Rays Te37s last night with tegiwa wheel nuts. Got the fronts on the tool provided with the nuts didn't fit AT ALL!! Then discovered I need new pads on front. Got to rear found out I have a rust hole in the exhaust so it's blowing even though I was told it was a full through stainless steel hks. Yeah just a back box! -.- then Im getting ready for some new pads and discs on back. Then the worst thing the wheel didn't fit over the spigot rings on back the hub on the wheel needs about 1/4 an inch off. So now I've had to put my old wheels back on and my front tyres are bald on them.. So I've got to have some new tyres on today and all they have is budgets so I've had to put them on whilst I get my rays sorted. Absolute nightmare. And it's mot next month :'(

Bret.

I've got a mountain todo and at a show this weekend so put it into be detailed and the guy just called me to say he caught my bumper on his driveway and damaged it so it's looking like a trip to a body shop is to be added aswell

Bought myself an extra day :) boss has given me Friday off! Still gonna be super tight but reading what a few others are up against.....I feel a tiny bit calmer!

I did have loads to sort out before the weekend but Mine has decided it doesn't want to go and has packed up!! Think it's the head gasket, I will still be coming but will be at the back of the stand in a yaris (at least it's still Toyota :))

I now need to replace the whole drivers hub too now as the bearing has been spinning inside and worn it away lol. New bearing doesn't even need pressing in lol! Just drops in... So now..

New hub

Wheel bearing

Spacers

Adjust suspension

Get wheels back from powdercost

Clean

Mines still an on-going project haha! Was a nail when I bought it through neglect, she's looking good enough for japfest but there's still a tonne of stuff to be done throughout the year! I'm feeling the stress too mate, I've even took time off work just to carry on preparing it for japfest haha! #gotmyprioritiesstraight

Oil change later, securing my bonnet down later.. any other small annoyances sorted later hopefully.

Tomorrow - another clean, interior clean.. fill car up.. then seeing how well she does on her longest journey in my ownership haha!!