My name is Hendrik and I'm from Holland. Driving a Starlet for some time now, I think seven years. It all began with my '95 black ep81 which was completely bend in an accident.

I just had to have another Starlet because I was collecting stuff from Japan and planning an 4E-FTE conversion. The I bought an blue Starlet.

This one.

Starlet_aankoop.jpg

After a few months saving money I had the opertunity to get my GT-spoiler sprayed in the right color and lowering it by 4cm's

Starlet_nu.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had some more photo's of the swap but they were lost in a battle with my ISP and a harddisk crash at home at the same time. So the car had some minor changes till now. I bought another car to save some money but it set me back another 5000 euro's within a year. So no happy moments with that car, so I sold it after repairing it. And bought me a Toyota Paseo.

The car at this moment, needs a respray badly.

Starlet_Volk_1024_1.jpg

Speclist

- 4E-FTE @ 0.8 bar

- WEPR De-cat

- 2.5" WEPR Exhaust

- Ultra plugwires

- Blitz BOV

- Blitz SUS Airfilter

- Blitz Active Clutch

- Cusco Zero 2 Coilover

- Cusco struts (front/rear)

- Tom's SS brake lines

- VOLK TE-37 CUP on Falken ZE-512

- HKS FCD

- HKS SLD

- HKS Actuator (set @ 1.0 bar)

To be fitted:

- Custom made manifold

- 330cc Mazda 323 GTX injectors

- FMIC

- Whiteline adj-panhard rod

- Whiteline anti-lift kit

- TRD 280 km/h dialcluster

- TRD engine mounts

- Blitz Racing Monitor

- Gearbox with Cusco 1/1.5 way LSD

@Jay, the car is running very well at the moment. But the weather is making the car a bit tricky to drive. It's cold and wet which is causing a lot of wheelspin when driving a bit sporty, I can see why the Falken ZE-512's are real summer tires. The car has traveled allmost 10.000 kilometers now with the FTE in it. Had some problems regarding boost, a few people told me that my HKS actuator wasn't set properly. The manual I used didn't have the right distances for adjusting the actuator. So instead of boosting max 1 bar, as stated in the manual, I was boosting 1,2+ bar. Every time I touched the throttle the CEL went on. But that's solved now.

Hope to fit the fmic and 330cc injectors next week, yeah it's going to run rich but with the fcd in it I hope to avoid leanspots. When I return from my snowboard trip in Austria, I hope that my manifold has arrived. Hope to respray the car this year, but my moneytree is still dying. When the fmic is fitted I'll fit my Starlet Gi bonnet :( I'm currently also active on the toyotagtturbo forum, under the same username.

Welcome to UKSC :(

Thats a serious build you have done there well done B)

Loving the look of the car and the TE-37 cups are a refreshing change I must say :p

Do you have one GT headlight and one EP81 headlight though? :(

Looking forward to future progress

I have two ep81 headlights mounted at the moment. They are needed to pass our MOT and haven't removed them since. But I'm working on converting my quadlights, so I won't blind anyone over here and it will pass MOT with them mounted.

My manifold is also finished and will be shipped to me. Some pictures of the manifold.

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

• 3 months later...

Bad moment for my Starlet.

Damage

schade%20starlet%20001.jpg

What happened? Well, some people don't know how to use a parking brake. So they don't use it. Thats how a Renault Laguna hit my car.

Example car

ziIeM3M7xaE9vhJd7DZcow==.jpg

It was almost a write off. Damage is quoted at about â?¬2000/1300 pound. Also one of my Volk TE-37 wheels has been damaged. I've received the insurance money last week and the Starlet will be repaired, also she will get a full respray with the following parts.

- Complete GT-T kit fitted

- Quadlights fitted

- Gi-bonnet

- GT-T 94-er bootlid

- GT-T doors, with electric windows :lol:

- Tom's grill

- Tom's spoiler

- Tom's endcaps

- Tom's sideskirts

- Tom's bumper

- New windshield

Some pictures from last week.

Left frontpanel completely blank

18062008015.jpg

18062008018.jpg

Rear

18062008016.jpg

New rear side panel

18062008017.jpg

18062008021.jpg

Mounting points for the GT-T skirts.

18062008019.jpg

Front side panel

18062008020.jpg

I always said I wanted the car to stay that way, did put some Yaris Verso sidemarkers in it and did remove the red line. But the car was in a bad condition, lackwise, and then I fell in love with the Tom's bodykit. I hope I've made the right choice to get the Tom's kit and spray it in the same color as it has now. We'll probably know within the next two weeks. I'm looking forward to it.