Markoos' JAM powered Glanza V

lol well the plan now it to get it running smooth mate because the engine i bought has dodgey stem seals which i wasnt told about so not too thrilled really but hey its one of these things

even more bad news mate, you should be able to replace them in no time at all though id imagine mate.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure its them stem seals? Have you changed turbo as you may have fubared the seals running with no oil thus causing smoke?

Nah the turbo is fine thanks god! i was shitting it thinking it was the turbo mate but dodged the bullet there!

i need your help re-fitting my cd player into the car david :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a small update but with no pics lol

The car has had a full cylinder head rebuild and a ported tubo fitted which has made a massive difference to the performance and lack of fuel cut!

The car is running smooth apart froma coolant leak which is getting sorted this weekend and she will be back on the road again boosting all round manchester haha

Will try and get some general pics up of the car soon but only once it has been washed lol

Markoos

cheers guys, im gonna try and be on here more than i have been :p

will be getting pics up of the car once its had the coolant issue sorted out :p

i wanna mod it even more but its running quite nice as it is so dont wanna fuck with it haha

Markoos

• 4 weeks later...

Ok bit of an update on the car for you all as its been a really shit few months with problem after problem :(

as you know ive had a new engine fitted which unfortunately needed the valve stem seals replacing which as im sure you know means a full head gasket change :D Thanks to nick this has been done and the cylinder head rebuilt! HAPPY DAYS!

Then the engine started to overheat after driving it for about a week or so, i took it back to nick and found that this was because of the water pipe at the back of the engine being worn and had holes in it (never ending problems) so i got a pipe from toyota with Luke doing the leg work :D and set to taking the engine apart and replacing the pipe with the help of bourkey!

Before we started - very untidy unorganised engine bay i believe bourkes words were (i may get corrected on that) lol :

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

Taking the fuel rail etc off to get behind:

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

The Cause of the entire overheating issue were these few splits in the old pipe!

IMG_0048.jpg

New sexy pipe!!! :D

IMG_0049.jpg

Back together all smooth!

IMG_0050.jpg

When driving home though i got down the street and the car was rndomly bunny hopping and the revs were dropping when i was trying to drive off and kept stalling! in the middle of a busy junction i might add lol

Took the car back to bourkes and for ages we could figure out what was wrong with it! checked everything we could think of and came up with zip!! it turned out that the ignition wires in the engine bay were frayed and touching a metal jubilee clip which was causing interference and the car to act like a pissed up rabbit lol But all is running sexy and sweet now! :lol:

Soooooooooooooo................. This weekend we decided to fit the HDI boost controller that ive had lying about for ages and what a difference! upped the boost and with the newly fitted ported turbo that i got put on it the car in my opinion is completely different and a bit of a rapist! :D now im looking to get a fpr and fcd to run even more boost but safely.

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

Sorry about the shit pics but thats the iphone for ya lol please all comments welcome and appreciated!

Before anybody mentions the rocker cover i personally hate it and my nice shiney polished one will be going back on very shortly :D

Markoos

its about damn time u graced us with both your presence AND an update! u filthy animal!!!!!!!!!

excellent to hear from u as always Markoos, sorry to hear about your troubles, but it warms my cockles to read of UKSC members coming to your aid! what a great pair of mates u have there man! kudos to them both!!!!!

glad to see she's behaving herself man, it seems these cars enjoy nothing more than giving us a love/hate relationship with them that swings back and forth at a moments notice! but happy to hear your toughing it out dude!!!

keep us updated!

Phil.

After over a year off cars...i still rule :(.

Awesome car now and i was very impressed with the quality of the HDI boost controller. Very easy to fit if your are technically minded and very easy to use.

I still have whiplash from the awesome bunny hopping though :lol:.

Hey you can see my current ride in one piccy. 26" rims!!! :D.

Bourkey