Got nearly all of the bits I need for the ABS brake removal, one pipe missing

Head out and at Dartford rebore, hopefully it will all be good after that's done been told to get a new headgasket which pisses me off as it hasn't been used yet grr! Well except for it trying to be turned over suppose it has been compressed tho with the head bolts

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

few little changes today - finally washed the bitch was hard because I just have no motivation with this car anymore - still smokes blue again now tho went white for a while, so their's an oil issue somewhere not sure where though

also took out the GReddy Turbo Timer as I no longer use it, so that will be for sale along with a Starlet specific wiring loom if any interest. Also re-gained my glove box as I have removed the 6-MD changer that has lived in there but hardly gets any use.

Still gotta change the lightweight powersteering pulley back to the original as I am sick of the squeaks when cold, got the ABS to gut out when the weather is nicer and possibly a new alternator as the car isn't holding a charge and the battery is fine. Not to mention the speaker pods and the Ultra horns to go on.

Today's checklist

Ultra horns fitted

Lightweight pulley removed and replaced with standard

Alternator replaced

Nothing too exciting I'm afraid, but at least the car starts properly now and the horns don't sound anywhere near as gay. Hopefully next week I'll get a chance to sort the ABS removal done too.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if people had heard this through the grapevine but the car is done, had enough of it after spending 7hours on side of the m11 waiting for the AA I honestly have no paitience with the car anymore, yes it's only an alternator and yes it's an easy fix but I've had enough and I'm not doing it anymore.

So as of sunday I am going to start stripping it out, it still needs to run at the moment so can't sell off a lot of thebits but this will be a staged selling of parts and some bits will be sold here and TGTT and others on ebay.

There will be no dibs and first come will be first served.

It's gonna kill me doing it, but this was too hard

theend.jpg

Tell me about it, just want something now I dont have to tinker with to enjoy tbh think my time with Jeff has come to an end - but knowing he will live on through some of your great cars makes it a much easier task