• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Si mate i hate to be the bearer of bad news but after a hg fail its best to check the block face too. as the block may need a mild decking too :( this is why my whole engine was in bits a year or so ago. whip the head off and get it checked n maybe reskimmed :) you maybe ok. also while the head is off check the block face for level. I've not heard of an athena gasket failing so is more than likly deformation of a surface. chin up bro shes a beast!!! Dont give up when your so close! You will regret it and then just come back and start again with another starlet haha we all do! Persevre mate!!

Thats what mine was too but a sudden rush of boost leavin the two faces via the space provided by the streching head bolts is plenty of potential for warping :( can be fixed though. You know starlets si, if it can happen it always does lol. Leave it a few days then wrap up warm and crack out the tools :) dont let jeff down! Hes come too far now

Thats what mine was too but a sudden rush of boost leavin the two faces via the space provided by the streching head bolts is plenty of potential for warping :( can be fixed though. You know starlets si, if it can happen it always does lol. Leave it a few days then wrap up warm and crack out the tools :) dont let jeff down! Hes come too far now

Indeed, it would be too easy if they just worked all the time. :p

Keep the faith Si! :)

Rubish man!! Head off is half the engine out already!! Your talking 2-3hours tops from that to take the engine out! I've had engines in and out of starlets so many times its common palce for me now haha. if you brake jeff because you cant be arsed to take the engine out then

a.) i will slap you with a wet fish! (and dont think i wont)

and

b.) do you think stripping the car would be less hassle? Parts dont just fall off lol and the engine would then need to come out any way thus contardicting the very reason you justified braking the car!! Ironic eh?