• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another day another lil' update, took the time today to fit the HKS circle earth system, so that's one off the list woo

I now need to do the following...

Fit Nagisa Auto fender braces

Fit HKS Circle Earth system (complete with new plastic cover)

Fit rear poly bushes to rear trailing arms

Order new boost controller

Order new 1.4mm headgasket

Order ARP head bolts

Believe it's the 314

Sweet.

I really like the balance you have achieved for a 4E you have pushed the power band location from around 6000rpm to 7000rpm with output to around 226 fhp on ... low boost.

Will also be looking forward to a dyno at higher boost and torque showing how you increase or maintain power with the smaller housing.

• 3 weeks later...

Nagisa braces sold!

Also have changed out the GReddy Profec B-Spec II for a Blitz Dual SBC Spec-R with dual solenoid for extra ability and better boosting. Have also now received the ARP head bolts, Athena 1.4mm headgasket and tool necessary for changing it all over. All I need now is a valve spring compressor and the time to do the work, can't wait for this, want to be boosting properly again and have it re-re-remapped!

Bought these speaker pods from glanzav.tee, they will of course lose the red fabric

IMG_5575.jpg

180920111314.jpg

may well need to build them up further to accomodate the 5.25" speakers I have, these are only 4", and want to recreate the original shape of the door pocket rather thean the straigh cut line, then probs wrapped in black recaro fabric before putting them back

Have also now received my valve spring compressors too so will hopefully do the overhaul of the headgasket in the coming weeks and maybe the ABS change out at the same time

Also found a set of these very cheap (Mitsuba Alpha horn) so had to go for it

1008715521.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

A weekend of mixed favours tbh, received the above horns and they have been cleaned up and top-coated and look sweet.

Also got my arse to Toyota and ordered the two pipes i need and the linkage for the non-ABS conversion, all good so far.

Now for the negative, spent time changing the head gasket, head bolts and the valve stem seals to the Malttese uprated ones, went well or so I thought until I tried to start the car, had just dropped in some new NGK Iridium spark plugs too. Job just finished and car back together, ready to be timed, so i pulled the EFI fuse and cranked it a few times to check for leaks and ensure some oil is in all the hard to reach places of the engine, all good. Or so I thought, put the fuse back in, wouldn't turn over and then massive puddle of oil sitting on the floor coming from underneath new headgasket - not pleased to say the least.

Serious thoughts on breaking tbh. Getting a mechanic to look at it as I don't have time at the moment.

welcome to my nightmare bro.

this is the exact reason im now up to my tits in debt for a daily driver - oil leaks. for the life of us here we cant get mine to stop. and the longer it sits in the shed, the less enthusiasm i have to fix it.

so i can appreciate your pain bro. it would be an utter shame to break this motor, so im hoping u can get it sorted nice and easy man.

Phil.