so your bores are shaped like cones now then ye simon?

when its mapped and blows up you can give me the weds for the eunos. as it deserves them more.

mine is also broke, but i broked it on track, so that obviously makes up for it ^; (i.e it gets used)

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The tool kit has been put in the car, got rid of the jack and the jack lifting arm and instead put the chock in one side of the boot and the rest in the other side in the bag, so saved a lil bit of weight and space

IMG_0508.jpg

Si i take it you've gone with an auto throttle body now your using an F-con?

Have you managed to keep using your Attain hi throttle as it says they cannot be used on auto cars....

I want one but don't want to buy before i know it's going to fit. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

waiting for a few new bits

got these bits on order:

HKS circle earth kit

foam attatchment for my pressure washer

new DEFI EGT gauge sensor

pressure nipple and mapping booked in, not long now - hopefully

Used the foam lance this weekend was amazing, Jeff looked lovely and snowy - which led to a proper thorough wash, polish and two-tier wax for him

Only down side to the wash though is uit has stripped the stickers off my TE37s so need some new ones of those sigh

Just waiting til next week got a few days off so may try and get a few jobs done, will hopefully have circle earth by then and the replacement DEFI sensor for my EGT, if I get the time and it's not too cold also planning on changing out the rear bushes for poly ones and may even ditch the ABS pump and replace with the non-ABS pipe work

theres always something to do, did you defi sensor fail?

i bought a new pressure sensor for my defi boost guage as it got snapped removing an engine. it was working fine but a few weeks ago the guage isnt worknig right its only reading vacuum and a little bit of boost but the car is boosting fine. i wouldnt have thought the sensor could fail so soon??

Not going well, sensor seems to have been lost in transit, got a few jobs to do tomorrow before mapping too

but got a few days off work so if there car doesn't spontaneously combust on the dyno I'll get the HKS circle earth on, get the oil topped up for mapping, may get the ABS taken out, rear bushes done and try to get the Nagisa-Auto fender braces on too

I'll let you know how things go and hopefully put up a dyno sheet and add mt name to the hall of fame

Mini woohoo!

Got the replacement DEFI EGT gauge senspr re-installed working nicely.

Kinda got a result, let's not sugar coat it - 193 hp at the wheels, at 0.7 bar!

Issues as expected though, boost controller was not working and at 7000rp,m it developed a misfire - they are putting it down to stretched headbolts or headgasket, but at least it's a result and it feels like a beast in relation to the sluggish lump it was before - loving it, sadly it has added new things to my wishlist

I now need to do the following...

Fit Nagisa Auto fender braces

Fit HKS Circle Earth system (complete with new plastic cover)

Fit rear poly bushes to rear trailing arms

Order new boost controller

Order new 1.4mm headgasket

Order ARP head bolts

and obviously fit above parts when received, could also do with a paint freshen up and a few bits repaired bodywork wise

Here is my print out from the mapping at TDi today:

Results.jpg

Great result Sime considering the low boost pressure and everything not running 100%.

If you are changing ebc and don't have a blitz unit, I would very highly the Blitz Dual Spec R, new or older version.

Very good ebc.

Joz