Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update

Bung for oil filter relocation kit order (also ordered a spare as one of the existing ones looks a bit oily).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-NPT-Hex-Allen-Key-BLACK-BLANKING-PLUG-BUNG-BLOCKER-Male-Fuel-Oil-Adapter-/271231696013

Cheers to Rob Bower for working out the correct size required.

That just leaves a rubber o-ring to sort.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But reading everything makes me sad. I did some time ago as I said here and when I see how it went from a really nice daily with perfect handling and a nice stereo system including doorpods from a GT (if I recall correctly) to a stripped out track whore stored in a shed I could cry. Really, it was better before too much was stripped out. But that's just my opinion as I don't like cars that are as nice as this used only for tracks and really rarely.

Edited by Xpect

tastes evolve.

the purpose of the sound system was solely for entertainment on the daily drive. But I'm now 30, driving around with that in the boot is for a younger man. The grin on my face will come from wiping the floor with other motors when she's ticking over again.

yes the rear may be stripped out, but no one complains about Lew777s stripped rear. Mine isnt done yet.

Have some faith, me, Mark and Jay aint finished yet. The oil leak will be fixed, the Rays will get new tires, the gauges will get wired, the rear will get painted/plasti-dipped, and the engine bay tidied. Then when I win the lotto, it will get a fresh lick of 8L5.

Just because it's stalled and sitting in my garage doesnt mean a thing. And the handling hasnt changed, its still got all the same parts. And it has an anti-lift kit to fit yet.

Phil.

exactly. i felt like the whole install system was a bit too immature for what I want from the car now. i have grey hairs for fuck sake, i cant be running about like an 18 year old anymore.

it will have some track-slag influences, but everyone knows I dont do the track-slag finish. it may take longer, but it'll be done neat and tidy like Lew777s is.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger
  • 2 weeks later...

Lunch time!

Right so back last year, I asked dean if he could make me a custom radiator bracket for my Civic radiator as it sits up above the upper cross beam, as well as some new battery clamp rods as the threads had died on my original ones.

so today I have received a nice new shiny set of rods, an RW-Developments battery clamp, and a radiator bracket.

having had a quick look at the bracket here in work, I dont think it's stepped enough to screw to the cross beam and to mate to the radiator, so i may need to throw a spacer in there...problem is I don't think that the bonnet will then close due to the height of the obstruction on the upper cross beam. I'll have a look when I'm home tonight but i'll need to figure a spacer of some sort from somewhere.

Phil.

• 4 weeks later...

Update

Radiator bracket didnt fit, and no spacer was going to do the job. I've sent pics back to dean of the gap, so hopefully he can whip something up pretty soon.

On Wednesday I met a man in a car park and I gave him some parts to give to another man.

On Sunday I'm going to see a third man about a number of parts that combine to make a nice set of parts.

All very mysterious, but as always, hints abound on the GaragEP instagram feed.

Photos when I've collected said parts.

Phil.

Nothing major bud, just a couple of things to tidy bits up. Still on the hunt for a good condition OEM mat set for not stupid monies.

This is for my own reference as I tick a few bits off over the coming weeks:

Paint PAS pump - done
Paint air filter bracket - done
Clean oil off plastic engine covers - done
Refit Blitz SUS filter - done
Fit recirc bung - done
Refit alternator with new CJ pulley - done
Fit CJ crank pulley - done
Remove rear washer line - done
Internal wire tuck - done
Tuck boot catch cable - done
Tuck petrol flap cable - done
Replace steering wheel bolts - done
Machine so it fits and then fit adjustable CJ cam pulley - Cancelled

New PAS and alternator belts - done
Rocker cover needs tidied up - new K&N breather filter fitted

Crank shaft oil seal - done

Obtain and fit door cards - done

Fit Rescueman - done

Fit Din blanking plate - done

Find and fit an Apexi EL1 60mm oil pressure gauge - done

Fit Samco intake pipe - done

Fit passenger front lower trim panel with flare - done

New battery clamp / rods - done

Tidy engine bay - started

New radiator bracket - first attempt ne fit pas, redesigned version to follow

Wire in all Apexi gauges

Fit oil filter relocator - only outstanding item is a replacement o-ring for one of the oil lines

Fix bumper support bar
Catch can needs emptied and wire wool replaced
Boost controller needs replaced
Repaint all 4 calipers
Fit harness crutch straps
Weld holes in spare wheel well
Paint rear floor
Tires for Volks
New bonnet
Fit anti-lift kit
Wax oil
Air fuel ratio gauge
Wideband gauge
Front ARB
Shorten the intercooler piping

Fit powder coated inlet manifold

Paint rocker cover and inlet manifold support bar (also: source new rocker cover oil seals and polish/replace nuts)

Repaint ends of front strut-brace

Source some shiny recessed washers to tidy up engine bay

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger